NBA 08

Discussion in 'NBA Media' started by ClippersFan08, Oct 1, 2007.

1. ClippersFan08

ClippersFan08 Member

is coming out tomorrow, anyone excited?</p>

2. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Welcome to S2 ClippersFan. [​IMG]</p>

I'm excited about 2K8 that is coming out tomorrow.</p>

3. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

I'm pumped, the new Fifa is out too!</p>

Welcome to S2 ClippersFan08.</p>

-Petey</p>

4. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Petey)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

I'm pumped, the new Fifa is out too!</p>

Welcome to S2 ClippersFan08.</p>

-Petey</p>

</div></p>

tomorrow right?</p>

</p>

5. pegs

pegs My future wife.

I'm excited about gettin Live/NBA 08 for psp. I still can't decide which one to get</p>

</p>

BTW, Welcome, Clippersfan!!</p>

6. ClippersFan08

ClippersFan08 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (peg182)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

I'm excited about gettin Live/NBA 08 for psp. I still can't decide which one to get</p>

</p>

</div></p>

</p>

Thanks everyone...I appreciate the welcomes. Peg, were you able to make a decision yet? My advice would be to roll with NBA 08 for the PSP. That way if you get bored with the regular game-play, then you've got a whole stock of those fun little arcade-style Mini Games to play: 100% pure fun! I have PS2 but I'm tryin' to get a PS3 because that NBA 08 version is offered in full HD 1080p so the graphics really shine through.</p>

</p>

7. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ClippersFan08)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (peg182)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

</p>

</div></p>

</p>

Thanks everyone...I appreciate the welcomes. Peg, were you able to make a decision yet? My advice would be to roll with NBA 08 for the PSP. That way if you get bored with the regular game-play, then you've got a whole stock of those fun little arcade-style Mini Games to play: 100% pure fun! I have PS2 but I'm tryin' to get a PS3 because that NBA 08 version is offered in full HD 1080p so the graphics really shine through.</p>

</p>

</div></p>

</p>

funny, I was thinking NBA 08 until I noticed that there still was no Dynasty thing for it, so I went with Live when it came out last Tuesday...and then I actually went and bought NBA 08 yesterday, haha.</p>

Now that I have both of them...I've gotta say, NBA Live's menus are a little too slow for me on the PSP, and the gameplay is a bit puzzling and extremely unrealistic. The online lags too much at times...And in the Dynasty, trades are a bit confusing to do, because you've got to match salaries, and they don't show salaries in the trade menu. Other than that, Live is a pretty fun game for PSP. you can edit rosters, change the music around, use your own music on the psp. Oh yeah, no roster updates [​IMG]</p>

As for NBA 08, on the PSP, the menus are great. Although there's no edit roster function, and you can't edit the music, everything else seems really good. As soon as the roster updates come, I'll start playing seasons, and then I'll be able to give good feedback on the whole gameplay aspect. The minigames are fun, and pick up games are great as ever....but there never seems to be anyone online. EA beat them out on that aspect, as it's really easy to get matched up with an opponent online. Oh yeah, and conquest is back, along with a bunch of other really cool mini-games.</p>

I'd say while each have their advantages, I'd give NBA 08 the edge here...tho i'll prolly switch back and forth between the 2 games.</p>

8. ClippersFan08

ClippersFan08 Member

^^ Cool Peg! Well, between the two, it sounds like you'll get your money's worth. Definately keep me posted on what you think about the NBA 08 game-play. Hey, you should join the social networks that PlayStation set up just for NBA 08 gamers. I mean, they're not just for NBA 08 players, they're for all gamers, but they cater to the NBA 08 game. It's a great place to meet other online players, which might help ya with that Mini Game match up issue you're havin'. Here ya go...</p>

www.myspace.com/nba08fans</p>

groups.myspace.com/nba08fansunite</p>

www.youtube.com/nba08fans</p>

</p>

</p>

9. LakerBlood

LakerBlood M.V.P

I'm excited about Uncharted Drake's Fortune for PS3.</p>

10. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Still no roster updates [​IMG] someone broke their promise.</p>