Abidal Adapting To Life At Barcelona

Discussion in 'Europe' started by CelticKing, Oct 12, 2007.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<span class="titolo">Abidal Adapting To Life At Barcelona</span></p>

<span class="sommario">&Eacute;ric Abidal has revealed how his quick adaptation to life at Bar&ccedil;a has helped him perform on the pitch as he has become a Camp Nou favourite since joining from Lyon in the summer.</span></p>

The French defender has played the most minutes, apart from V&iacute;ctor Vald&eacute;s, of any player and his inspiring performances have seen him hailed as one of the best new signings.

With Thierry Henry, Tour&eacute; Yaya and Lilian Thuram able to speak French, Abidal's start to the club has been made easier, although he is picking up Spanish and is speaking in English.

"I feel good and am integrating well," he explained. "We have made a strong start to the league and the Champions League so from there, if everything goes well for the club, then it will go well for me."

"I feel at ease, and I try and talk to everyone whether it be in English, Spanish or French, which is easier. But we all understand each other and everyone understands what I say and that has made it all a lot easier."

Abidal has also settled into the new style of football he has been asked to play at Bar&ccedil;a and in the Spanish league.

"When I arrived I thought it was very different from France and even more so now I have played here. We have a good team, even though there are a few injuries," he continued.

"It true that the football is different, we think about keeping the ball a lot more and using it more precisely to score goals."

Reflecting on why he has been a regular in the team this term, Abidal stated that it was down to Frank Rijkaard to say why that was.

"That is something to ask the coach about," he stated. "I am here to play and it is the coach that decides what changes have to be made to the team. In the game against Levante I came off in order to be ready for the Champions League game, I think.

"It is good to rest from time to time, but I am ready to play in every game if I am asked to do that."</p>

<span class="titolo">[​IMG]</span></p>