Drew Carey debuts on the Price is Right Today

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by riffraff, Oct 15, 2007.

1. riffraff

riffraff Member

Today was the premiere of the new era of Price is Right with Drew Carey as the host. He seemed very akward at being the MC and definitely showed why Barker was truely the best game show host ever. Drew did OK but his constant asking of those in contestant's row "How ya doing?", refurring to getting a $1.00 on the big wheel "on the nose" and other mannerisms were tiresome from the beginning. No teasing or "slow rolling" the contestants, no cute speeches before announcing you could win *this*... (a brand new car). I was hoping Drew would use his comedic ability better but everything was pretty dry for his first show. I loved watching this show for 30 years and think it's really taken a major hit losing Bob. Drew may get better as he goes on.. it was his first show and there has to be a lot of pressure on him. He's still doing better than Rosy Odonnell would have.</p>

2. Lanteri

Lanteri Member

Drew was incredibly bad. I wanted to just turn it off. The things I'd do to the chick that won the showcase though... </p>

3. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Agreed, Drew sucked. Seemed like he was trying waaay too hard. I miss Bobby B.</p>

4. Real

Real Dumb and Dumbest

I thought Drew was okay. This was his first show, and the last thing he wants to do is piss off long time fans of the show, so he's going to be pretty conservative at first. I think he's going to be a fine host, thought I don't think anyone wanted Bob Barker to leave.</p>