J.R. Smith suspended for 3 games

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by CelticBalla32, Oct 21, 2007.

1. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_7236923','351'</p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'></p>

<span id="redesign_default">

Nuggets guard J.R. Smith has been suspended by the organization for the first three games of the regular season for conduct detrimental to the team.</p>

According to Denver County Court records, Smith has been issued a summons to appear in court to answer to allegations of destruction of private property, disturbing the peace and assault in an incident at DC-10 lounge at 940 Lincoln on Oct. 13.</p>

The case was filed Wednesday. Police received calls at 1:40 a.m. on Oct. 13.</p>

"There was a disturbance and a fight and a call for an ambulance," said Lt. Ron Saunier, spokesman for the Denver Police Department.</p>

Saunier said the decision was made to issue Smith a summons rather than arrest him.</p>

Smith will miss games against Seattle, Minnesota and New Orleans.</p>

In a statement released by the team, Smith apologized.</p>

"I take full responsibility for my actions that led to this suspension," Smith said. "I realize that the organization wants to help me become not only a better player but also the best person I can off the court. I apologize to my teammates, the coaching staff, my family and Nuggets fans. I promise to learn from this situation and look forward to returning shortly and being the best teammate I possibly can."</p>

</div></p>

So, coach Karl... you're relationship with J.R. getting any better?</p>
    </span></p>