Jericho Calls For Outside Testing

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling' started by LakerBlood, Nov 4, 2007.

1. LakerBlood

LakerBlood M.V.P

<p class="first-para bold padding-bottom-7">RETURNING WWE superstar Chris Jericho has called for government regulation to put an end to the drug abuse that has cost many of his pals their lives.</p>
    <p class="article">The former undisputed world champion is set to come back to the WWE, with fans excited after decoding a number of teaser clips.</p>
    <p class="article">The federation have recently taken a much tougher line on drugs &ndash; which this week saw them name and suspend Harry Smith and Chris Masters for breaking their Wellness Policy &ndash; but have so far resisted any regulation.</p>
    <p class="article">However, Jericho feels that an outside agency testing wrestlers would take away any cloud of suspicion.</p>
    <p class="article">He told the Long Island Press: &ldquo;As a whole a lot of wrestling companies have a tendency to be very defensive</p>
    <p class="article">&ldquo;But I think if that (regulation) was what was ruled, it would probably end up being best for the business.&rdquo;</p>
    <p class="article">Y2J added: &ldquo;I think a lot of people kind of don't understand that steroids or drugs or anything like that doesn't make you a better performer.</p>
    <p class="article">&ldquo;And I think if you just eliminate it completely, then it's just going to be exactly the same as it always was.</p>
    <p class="article">&ldquo;It's just that guys might not be as big although they're still going to be big, because they train very hard.</p>
    <p class="article">&ldquo;So, if that's the case that's going to make people feel better and more importantly, going to help the business, then go for it.</p>
    <p class="article">&ldquo;I'm all for it.&rdquo;</p>
    <p class="article">You can read the full interview with Chris by clicking here.</p>
    <p class="article">Jericho Calls For Outside Testing</p>