WWE Responds to CNN's John Cena Steroids Quote

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling' started by LakerBlood, Nov 10, 2007.

1. LakerBlood

LakerBlood M.V.P

<font class="newsbody"> - WWE has responded to the CNN interview with John Cena by posting both the un-edited and the edited footage. Cena had been under fire for the comment that was aired after he was asked if he had used steroids: "I can't tell you that I haven't, but you'll never be able to prove that I have."

In the un-edited version, Cena clearly says "Absolutely not" when asked if he had ever used steroids. He then gave a very detailed answer to the interviewer before the quote that CNN decided to air. The former WWE Champion said that he could take tests and pass all day, and people would still accuse him of using steroids. Cena went on to say that he "worked his ass off" to get into the shape he is in and it "sucks" that people say he has to "rely on a crutch."

WWE posted both versions of the interview with the following written with it:

Cena: Steroids? "Absolutely not"
    In a country in which the news media is highly suspect, and the quality of unbiased reporting has been thrown into the trash can, CNN has stooped to new depths. Notwithstanding the fairness, or lack therein, of CNN&rsquo;s recent piece entitled &ldquo;Death Grip: Inside Pro Wrestling,&rdquo; perhaps the best example of how CNN misrepresents and unfairly presents their biased, if not illegal, point of view is the comparison of WWE&rsquo;s unedited video to CNN&rsquo;s edited version. CNN&rsquo;s depiction of John Cena as it relates to steroids is not only professionally and morally wrong, but damaging to his character.
    </font></p>

<font class="newsbody"> </font>WWE Responds to CNN's John Cena Steroids Quote</p>