I know there will be an official thread, but...

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by adisodes, Nov 16, 2007.

1. adisodes

adisodes Member

Student
    My best friend is a DIE HARD heat fan and we constantly talk smack to each other. And it's not nice and friendly, it's spewing with hatred (in the most friendliest way lol). And we've been talking about this game for a while and I've been confident we can beat them. Now I'm afraid. Wade is back and they almost beat Boston and we got no VC, Marcus or Darrell and if anyone was at the game tonight that CYO team at halftime was better than the Nets. What do you guys think is going to happen tomorrow? The only thing that is on our side with our luck is the Heat are old and they are on the back end of a back-to-back and the Nets (hopefully) will be determined to put the Magic game behind them. I said to my friend at the game tonight. I would have the Nets lose by 100 tonight, instead of seeing them lose tomorrow.</p>

2. JE

JE Suspended

in between jobs right now
    Yeah you guys will have your hands full against Miami. They lookedvery good tonight against the Celtics, with Shaq re-motivated and Wade healthy again. They may make the playoffs after all...</p>

3. jarkid

jarkid Sean The Answer to Nets Big Men

We will lose to Heat. That's no doubt, this team sucks, there is no one who could make a shot consistently. RJ was dizzy all night long.</p>

Everyone bashed VC, but he is the best scorer on this team, no doubt.</p>

4. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

I think Collins can be effective defending Shaq. He's usually good at drawing offensive fouls, and hopefully Shaq is as on his downside as people say he is; we'll need it after their back-to-back.</p>

I think we'll get hurt by their less-herald members. I could see Ricky Davis and Smuch Parker dropping points on us. Our perimeter defense gets exposed every game, and we get so focused on stopping 1 or two players on the opposite team that we lose track of the other players.</p>

5. JE

JE Suspended

in between jobs right now
    LOL Daequan Cook is more of a threat than Smush Parker at this point.</p>

6. Belarus

Belarus Member

We'll probably lose, but as long as Sean Williams in the game - I'm watching it. Without him, I'd find something else to do other than waste the time and nerves for this BS.</p>

7. jarkid

Dwyane Wade, Smush Parker, Cook, Ricky Davis will kill Richard Jefferson, and Antoine Wright.</p>

Shaq will kill all Nets scrubs of bigmen</p>

8. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

jarkid, how are you a Nets fan? It's hilarious how you bash them when they don't perform to their abilities, but when they start winning, you're quick to hop back on the bandwagon.</p>

</p>

We're all a bit frustrated, and yet we continue to support them, even through the rough times.</p>

9. SUPERB

SUPERB Member

I 300$ FOR MY TICKETS TO THIS CRAP!!</p>

I DONT WANT TO EVEN GO NOW!</p>

</p>

10. jarkid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kidd)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

jarkid, how are you a Nets fan? It's hilarious how you bash them when they don't perform to their abilities, but when they start winning, you're quick to hop back on the bandwagon.</p>

</p>

We're all a bit frustrated, and yet we continue to support them, even through the rough times.</p>

</div></p>

</p>

I bash them, because I love them. I am still a Nets fan, but I'm really disppointed than the last 3 seasons.</p>

11. soul driver

soul driver Member

I feel your pain. It's because we've been spoiled. it was REALLY tough being a Nets fan back in the day, in the mid-late 90's and early in this decade. then Kidd came, we became an amazing team, and have been pretty consistant since then. but when we see them play like this, we get down, because we don't expect it. but if it were a decade ago, we'd be like "well, it's normal for them to play this bad" [​IMG]

12. Universe

Universe Hall of Fame

Krstic plays great against Shaq so maybe confidence booster?</p>

13. Teaneck_Armory_Guy

Teaneck_Armory_Guy Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (soul driver)</div><div class='quotemain'>I feel your pain. It's because we've been spoiled. it was REALLY tough being a Nets fan back in the day, in the mid-late 90's and early in this decade. then Kidd came, we became an amazing team, and have been pretty consistant since then. but when we see them play like this, we get down, because we don't expect it. but if it were a decade ago, we'd be like "well, it's normal for them to play this bad" [​IMG]</div></p>

Absoloootely. This is probably the longest run of good, playoff type teams we have *ever* had.</p>

Build a team around Rick Barry. 2 yrs later lose Rick Barry.</p>

Build a team around Dr. J, Larry Kenon, Brian Taylor. 3 championship runs. Then enter the NBA as a doormat.</p>

Get Buck Williams, Sugar Ray and Double D. Hire Larry Brown. Sugar Ray does drugs. DD hurt. Brown and out.</p>

Fast forward to whoopdi-damn doo and Drazen. Both tragedies in one way or another.</p>

Discover a find in Jayson Williams. Retired before his time. Era ends before it starts.</p>

Crapola. This is the best time I've had as a Net fan yet!</p>

Welcome to rooting for the Nets!!</p>

</p>

14. soul driver

soul driver Member

teaneck, you know exactly what I mean. to quote an old funkadelic song, you hit the nail on the head! we have to appreciate the moment. we all know that in a few years, things will be drastically different. it's tough to enjoy right this instant, but it's still really early!!