Benitez sticks with Liverpool

Discussion in 'Liverpool FC' started by CelticKing, Nov 19, 2007.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Benitez sticks with Liverpool despite Bayern interest</p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'></p>

LIVERPOOL, England (AFP) - Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez said Monday he planned to stay at Anfield despite reports linking him with a move to German giants Bayern Munich.

"I heard about the rumours at the weekend, and it is always flattering to be linked with other big clubs - because it must mean you are doing something right," the Spaniard told Liverpool's official website on Monday.

"But even if I was approached I would tell whichever club it was that I am really happy with my club, my squad, my supporters and my city.

"There are still many things which I want to do here, so I am planning on being here for a long time."

Benitez added he is not planning to buy Athletic Bilbao's 19-year-old starlet Javi Martinez.

"He is a young player who we know about, because Bilbao paid good money for him. But we are not watching the player and are not thinking about signing him, as I have read in the Spanish press."</div></p>

2. man_u_barmy_army

man_u_barmy_army DYC Legend +Young Prodigy

Bay<font face="Arial" size="2">ern should stick with their current manager</font></p>

3. Art_gunner4life

Art_gunner4life DYC Arsenal Fan

I guess bayern must want some CL cups really bad instead of league tittles.......lol</p>

4. man_u_barmy_army

man_u_barmy_army DYC Legend +Young Prodigy

<font face="Arial" size="2">they will next season though and the current manager is improving</font></p>

5. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Yea I don't know why they're thinking of changing the coach at this time. (after a loss) haha</p>