Depth a "Big" Issue

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by Hunter, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'></p>
    <div class="txt-mod">
    <h3>Depth A 'Big' Issue</h3>

</p>

The Cavs have maintained contact with free-agent big men Dale Davis, Vitaly Potapenko and Alan Henderson but aren't yet ready to pull the trigger. They'd prefer not to release a player with a guaranteed contract or let go of prospect rookie Demetris Nichols, the only player on the team with a nonguaranteed deal.</p>

</p>

Anderson Varejao remains unsigned, Donyell Marshall is out indefinitely with a wrist issue, and Cedric Simmons is dealing with his fourth left ankle injury in the past year. The only true big man on the bench is Dwayne Jones, who was their sixth big man last year and didn't even come to training camp with a guaranteed contract.</p>

</p>

''It terms of true big men we are skating a little thin,'' Cavs coach Mike Brown said. ''Right now (adding another player) is not feasible, it could be later. We have to keep our fingers crossed and hope nothing happens to the guys we have left.'' -- Akron Beacon-Journal</p>

</p>
    [*]LeBron James doesn't seem thrilled with playing the "4" spot.

</p>

"That's not my position," he said. "Some games I don't mind guarding some of the biggest guys. I'd rather play on the perimeter. That's where I do my best work." -- Willoughby News-Herald</p>

</p>

[*]"Guys are dropping like flies," small forward LeBron James said. "We just have to continue to do our best." -- Medina Gazette
    </div>

</div></p>