"United Can Go All The Way"

Discussion in 'Manchester United FC' started by CelticKing, Nov 28, 2007.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<span class="titolo">Cristiano Ronaldo: United Can Go All The Way</span></p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'></p>

<span class="sommario">Cristiano Ronaldo believes that last night's 2-1 win for Manchester United over Sporting Lisbon is just one step towards the Champions League title itself...</span></p>

Cristiano Ronaldo is adamant that Manchester United can go one better than last year's semi final heartbreak in the UEFA Champions League.

"I think we have the team, we have the group, we have the coaches &ndash; we have everything to win the Champions League," he told UEFA.com.

With five wins in a row, United have secured top spot in the Champions League group stages a week early, with the young Portuguese midfielder eager for a repeat performance in the knockout rounds.

"In the next stage I hope we do the same job," he noted, before adding that he felt it eminently possible.

"We have a good team, we have new players. I think we have a better chance than last year because we have more players with more quality. I think we have a good chance."

Ronaldo put much of his side's sucess down to Alex Ferguson's shrewd substitutions at half time:

"Giggsy and T&eacute;vez changed the game and we played more on the offensive," he noted.

"[Sir Alex] was not happy but it was not just the boss, the players were not happy either as we have the quality to do a better job.

In the second half we played well, we created chances and we deserved to win."

On the subject of his goal, he was more concerned with what it meant for the team than himself.

"It's fantastic not just because I've scored five goals but because United are top. We need to carry on like this now," he said.

"It is always difficult to score against Sporting because I like the team but the people understand me &ndash; they respect me. I respect Sporting but this is my job, my colour now is red."</div></p>