I got into a debate with my classmate

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by o.iatlhawksfan, Dec 12, 2007.

1. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

I got in a debate with these groups of guys on the NFL draft, they were saying McFadden was a lock to go to Miami at #1 because he's the best player. LOL I said theres very litle chance they take MCFadden and keep him, since they have Ronnie Brown and they should draft for need, they said because he was injured this season, they should pick MCFadden. LOL idiot, then they have the nerve, to say I know nothing about football, to go talk about basketball or soccer LOL. I wish I taped it, I will next time.</p>

2. o.iatlhawksfan

oh than I showed them a whole bunch of mock drafts, and as expected none of them had McFadden going #1 to Miami, their reply...</p>

</p>

"that's just scouts they don't know anything about football"</p>

3. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

Guessing most had GD, right?</p>

4. JE

JE Suspended

in between jobs right now
    I love those kinds of kids. The ones who always make themselves sound so smart when they're actually pretty stupid. Anyone with a brain knows that McFadden is not going to Miami at #1 (and if they do draft him, they'll trade him right after)</p>

5. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

I've recently toyed with the idea of picking Kevin Smith. Granted the Cowboy's position in the draft is different than that of the Dolphins, but considering that the Cowboys could very well trade up to take him, it's a pretty relevant factor that would keep the Dolphins from drafting DMC</p>

6. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

Yeah, the Fins have to worry about the manyother positions they need to fill. RB is the last thing they need right now.</p>

7. JE

JE Suspended

in between jobs right now
    If I'm Miami I considering sacrificing Taylor/Thomas to try and get another 1st round pick. They need a lot of help.</p>

8. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

I don't think either one would garner a first round pick.</p>

Both players are getting up there in age (I believe), Taylor's trade value is low since there were rumors he was getting shopped, and Zach Thomas didn't play for a lot of this season.</p>

9. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Hilarity insues with teenage issues.</p>

10. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

Miami is in a funny position because if they really believe in John Beck, they won't dare go QB number 1 and Ronnie Brown has poroven to be a top 10 RB this year. They drafted Ginn in the top ten. So the logical thing is either O line opr defense. Im not an expert in college football by any stretch but I haven;t heard any players on defense that hands down deserves the #1 overall pick. I'd trade the pick early and pick up some picks and maybe a vet or two. maybe a deal where they get a # 8-14 maybe a second rounder and a fourth and then maybe 3rd or fourth CB.</p>

11. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giantsfan1)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

Miami is in a funny position because if they really believe in John Beck, they won't dare go QB number 1 and Ronnie Brown has poroven to be a top 10 RB this year. They drafted Ginn in the top ten. So the logical thing is either O line opr defense. Im not an expert in college football by any stretch but I haven;t heard any players on defense that hands down deserves the #1 overall pick. I'd trade the pick early and pick up some picks and maybe a vet or two. maybe a deal where they get a # 8-14 maybe a second rounder and a fourth and then maybe 3rd or fourth CB.</p>

</div></p>

DT Glenn Dorsey has the potential to be #1 pick. A lot of people have tabbed him as the most likely. DE Chris Long will be in mix as well. But anything can happen between now and then for what they decide.

Ideal move would be to trade down, but the thing about trading near the top, it's hasn't happened since the Eli Manning deal. No one wants to go up and pay the price of picks and the money for the player.</p>

12. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

Miami - Dorsey</p>

Oakland - Son of Howie</p>

</p>

13. o.iatlhawksfan

I told him Miami will choose Dorsey, he said Dorsey would comeback to school as a 5th year senior. I was like WTF why? Espically if the win the national championship.</p>

14. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

Yeah, that plus his bad knee. He cannot afford to not enter the draft at this point.</p>

</p>

15. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (o.iatlhawksfan)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

I told him Miami will choose Dorsey, he said Dorsey would comeback to school as a 5th year senior. I was like WTF why? Espically if the win the national championship.</p>

</div></p>

lol yeah, he can't come back. He would have had to have been injured early in the season and missed a lot of time to be eligible for a redshirt.</p>

16. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Id say the Dolphins are 50/50 on keep it or trade it as of today....if they keep it, Dorsey is likely the pick, but I wouldn't be shocked if they did pick Run DMC....as good as the RBs are in Miami, they all got hurt and they are starting Sam Gado on sunday....adding McFadden would make sense in the respect that he can share carries with Brown and Ricky Williams can hang around to spell the duo....McFadden and Brown are different types and would compliment each others styles extremely well....a varitable "Thunder and Lightning" if you will, but both guys can catch it, so they could play together on some snaps and create matchups....I can see why the Cowboys would love to pair him with Barber, as it would have the same effect....the downside is you are investing giant deals on two RBs and we all know they have short shelf lives....</p>

17. agoo

agoo Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef @ Dec 13 2007, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>

Id say the Dolphins are 50/50 on keep it or trade it as of today....if they keep it, Dorsey is likely the pick, but I wouldn't be shocked if they did pick Run DMC....as good as the RBs are in Miami, they all got hurt and they are starting Sam Gado on sunday....adding McFadden would make sense in the respect that he can share carries with Brown and Ricky Williams can hang around to spell the duo....McFadden and Brown are different types and would compliment each others styles extremely well....a varitable "Thunder and Lightning" if you will, but both guys can catch it, so they could play together on some snaps and create matchups....I can see why the Cowboys would love to pair him with Barber, as it would have the same effect....the downside is you are investing giant deals on two RBs and we all know they have short shelf lives....</p></div>

Admittedly, I haven't seen much of the Dolphins, but aren't there far bigger needs than another running back? The current crop is a concern as Ricky Williams is Ricky Williams, and Ronnie Brown hasn't played a complete season yet, but why use the number one for another running back?

18. The GM

The GM New Member

The Dolphins have so many needs in other places, that picking McFadden would be a waste. Ronnie Brown should be fine coming off and injury, and Ricky Williams and Lorenzo Booker are good back ups. They have too many aging defenseman espically on the D line, where Dorsey would make a big impact. They also should address safety early in the draft also.