Dolphins owner issues statement on prospect of selling team

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by CelticKing, Dec 15, 2007.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Dolphins owner issues statement on prospect of selling team</p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'></p>

MIAMI -- Miami Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga said he's "not actively looking to sell" the team despite frustration over a winless season, but he confirms he has talked with potential buyers since April.</p>

Huizenga issued a statement Saturday in response to reports he is discussing the sale of his franchise and Dolphin Stadium to two real estate developers.</p>

"Over the years I have fielded a number of inquiries from individuals interested in investing in the team," said Huizenga, who become sole owner of the Dolphins in 1994. "Most recently, we have had conversations dating back to April, with several similarly interested parties.</p>

"My viewpoint, however, has always been the same. I am not actively looking to sell the Miami Dolphins, but I know there will always be individuals who are interested in becoming involved in some capacity in the team's ownership."</p>

Huizenga recently discussed a potential deal with Miami developer Jorge Perez and business partner Stephen Ross, a New York builder.</p>

The Dolphins are 0-13 and in danger of having the NFL's first 0-16 season. Their six-year playoff drought is the longest in franchise history, and they haven't reached the AFC championship game since Huizenga became sole owner.</p>

"Like every other fan, I am disappointed in the way the season has unfolded," Huizenga said. "But I am confident we will turn things around."</p>

Miami regressed this season under coach Cam Cameron, hired after Huizenga led a two-week coaching search in January.</p>

Perez is chairman and CEO of The Related Group, one of the biggest condominium builders in the country. Ross was part of a group interested in bringing baseball to Miami before Huizenga became founding owner of the Florida Marlins.</p>

The sale price of the Dolphins has been estimated at about $1 billion. Huizenga, who turns 70 on Dec. 29, bought the Dolphins from the heirs of team founder Joe Robbie for $138 million.</p>

Miami plays at home Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens.</p>

</div></p>

2. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

It was all a smoke screen. A red herring if you will... related to negotiating w/ Parcells

What better way to steal some of the pats thunder short term by hiring BP the week of the game w/ the pats.

The long term implication of hiring Parcells is; What better way to get inside of the alleged masterminds head by having a division rival hire his mentor?