Roster Concerns

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by Breezy15, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Breezy15

Breezy15 New Member

Is Anyone else concerned that if we do well with the 2 youngsters in there that the Nets won't look to bolster our team, especially our front court, because as much as I like the fact that we're starting Sean & Josh, I don't think that they are a quick fix because neither has a polished post game. Also the better we do, the better Frank looks, and I think he's poor as the coach of this team. Thoughts??

2. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Nenad's still recovering, so if he comes back...like really comes back, the front court would look a whole lot better.

Still, I'm hoping whatever GM we get comes in with the mindset to make our team better.

3. Joey FistPump

Joey FistPump Making you look dumb EST. 1985

Slacker Extraordinaire.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Breezy15 @ Dec 21 2007, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Is Anyone else concerned that if we do well with the 2 youngsters in there that the Nets won't look to bolster our team, especially our front court, because as much as I like the fact that we're starting Sean & Josh, I don't think that they are a quick fix because neither has a polished post game. Also the better we do, the better Frank looks, and I think he's poor as the coach of this team. Thoughts??</div>

The frontcourt is the least of are concerns...the problem is the play of are backups...Boki and Wright are inconsistent to say the least and more than ever are team has a glaring lack of a sixth man.

I think our PG rotation is solid in Kidd, Marcus and Armstrong (when defense is needed)
    I also think a rotation of Boone, Swat and Malik with Collins seeing spot minutes is a solid frontcourt...especially when Nenad gets back (he should come off the bench)

what we need is a player who can play 20 minutes a night and score while VC or RJ is off the floor.

4. Breezy15

Breezy15 New Member

I agree with most of your statements, but wouldn't we be better served with a dominant big (Pau,JON) because although Nenad is decent, he is definetly not dominant in any facet of the game, and I believe that he hasn't been particularly good in the post-season. Plus - all of those blocked lay-ups that boone/sean have on our offensive end can and will cost us games.

P.S. - can anyone see my photo, because I can't see it in any of my posts/replies??

5. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Breezy15 @ Dec 21 2007, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I agree with most of your statements, but wouldn't we be better served with a dominant big (Pau,JON) because although Nenad is decent, he is definetly not dominant in any facet of the game, and I believe that he hasn't been particularly good in the post-season. Plus - all of those blocked lay-ups that boone/sean have on our offensive end can and will cost us games.</div>
    I'm sure Vince and RJ would disagree with you about Nenad - last season, his average was either equal to or better than Pau's/JON's.

And his scoring took a load off those 2. Now, we've got a couple good defensive-minded/rebounding bigs to put alongside him. They could potentially cover up his weaknesses. But who knows, until he actually plays.

BTW, Welcome to S2, Breezy! If you have any questions, PM me.

6. Kiddisanet

Kiddisanet Member

I think it will be interesting to see Krstic on the floor with SWill or Boone.

7. Universe

Universe Hall of Fame

Our needs of a shooting gaurd who's consistant will be taken up in the draft as for once, I think we are almost set in the post with young big man. If anything, we could use a consistant veteran.

8. Joey FistPump

Joey FistPump Making you look dumb EST. 1985

Slacker Extraordinaire.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Breezy15 @ Dec 21 2007, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I agree with most of your statements, but wouldn't we be better served with a dominant big (Pau,JON) because although Nenad is decent, he is definetly not dominant in any facet of the game, and I believe that he hasn't been particularly good in the post-season. Plus - all of those blocked lay-ups that boone/sean have on our offensive end can and will cost us games.

P.S. - can anyone see my photo, because I can't see it in any of my posts/replies??</div>

No. First and foremost the addition of JON, or Pau has to include the loss of RJ...which given our lack of depth at the guard forward spots on this team would kill this team. Once we get Nenad back this team will be much better, remember we really only need a 4 big man rotation.

I see the starters being Allen at the 4, Boone at the 5
    and then Sean at the 4 and Nenad at the 5.

I think that Nenad needs to come off the bench when he comes back and be eased into playing time only see around 17 minutes a game to start. Sean should be getting around 23 minutes a game right now.
    Allen around 25 minutes and Boone around 31 minutes a game.

Trade Magliore for a younger guard forward who can help this team...

9. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

lol, I thought this thread was "Router Concerns"