Darrell Scott (Ventura, CA) - COLORADO

Discussion in 'Class of 2008' started by JCB, Dec 22, 2007.

1. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#000000">Darrell Scott - RB</span></span> (<span style="color:#000000">Rivals Profile</span>, <span style="color:#000000">Scout Profile</span>)

[​IMG]

Running back
    Ventura (CA) St. Bonaventure

Ht: 6-foot-0
    Wt: 205 lbs
    Forty: 4.32 secs
    Bench max: n/a
    Squat max: n/a
    Vertical: n/a
    GPA: 3.2
    Class: 2008 (High School)

Offers: LSU, Colorado, Florida, Texas

Scott is the #1 ranked running back in the country, the #1 prospect from California, and the #4 prospect in the country. He has multiple scholarships, but his final four consists of LSU, Colorado, Florida, and Texas.

2. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>SAN ANTONIO - He is the nation's No. 1 running back and everyone wants to know where Darrell Scott is going to play college football but the Ventura (Calif.) St. Bonaventure recruit who is also rated as the fourth-best player in the entire class said he has not made a decision yet.

Scott, who rushed for 1,697 yards and 21 touchdowns this season and helped lead St. Bonaventure to the state championship, has already visited Colorado and Texas and the 6-foot-0, 204-pound prospect said he will also visit Florida before making a verbal commitment. A trip to LSU is also a possibility. Finishing his high school career with a state title was a big deal, he said.

"It was really important because I wanted to get everything done, I needed a ring and in the process it was amazing because I met a lot of people, I got close with the team and it all worked out," Scott said.

Is Colorado the leader?

It would make sense since Scott's uncle, Josh Smith, is a freshman receiver with the Buffaloes. Recent Colorado commit Max Tuioti-Mariner said he had heard Scott was going there and that it would be fun to block for the nation's No. 1 running back. But Scott said Sunday he has no frontrunner.</div>

Link

3. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
  4. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Scott showed why he's a versatile back on kickoff returns Wednesday. He took a return from the 5-yard line and flew right up the middle untouched for what would have been a touchdown. He also made some really nice runs in the team situations. There's little doubt he's the nation's top running back and his practices on Tuesday and Wednesday have helped solidify that.</div>

Army All-American West Hot 11

5. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The No. 4 overall prospect in the country according to Rivals.com, Scott said Wednesday morning the only thing working against Texas was Jamaal Charles returning for his senior season.

Wednesday afternoon, Charles decided to turn pro.

Scott has Colorado and Texas as his top two choices.

“There’s nothing I can say negative about Texas anymore,” Scott said. “They’ve got everything I want, because I want to play my freshman year. I”m looking for a negative, but I just can’t find one.”

And what about Colorado?

“Well, they’ve got everything, too, except for good weather,” Scott said. “I really am not a cold-weather person, and I really don’t like the weather there.”</div>

Scott likes Texas even more with Charles' departure to pros.

6. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Darrell Scott has been amazing all week in practice. His combination of size and his burst to the outside make him a special back. Scott has shown tremendous vision, strong legs and the ability to make something out of nothing often. He's shown why he's the nation's No.1 back all week.</div>

Scott named best RB at AA game, no surprise

7. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    From orangebloods.com, Scott is visiting Florida next weekend and may or may not take visits to LSU and Michigan. Texas is leading over Colorado right now because of Jamaal Charles declaring for the draft. Will announce on Signing Day.

8. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Darrell was dropped to #6 in the new and final Rivals 100 for the Class of 2008.

9. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Recruitment believed to be down to Texas and Colorado.

10. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Still believed to be down to Colorado and Texas and is a rumored Texas lean.

11. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Okay, time to make my prediction:

Scott is going to frigid Colorado next year.

12. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

It's close between those 2. but I'mma go with Texas. Charles leaving and the weather being why.

13. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Scott has signed his letter of intent to play at . . . . Colorado!