Terrelle Pryor (Jeannette, PA) - OHIO STATE

Discussion in 'Class of 2008' started by JCB, Dec 22, 2007.

1. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#000000">Terrelle Pryor - QB</span></span> (<span style="color:#000000">Rivals Profile</span>, <span style="color:#000000">Scout Profile</span>)

[​IMG]

Dual-Threat Quarterback
    Jeannette (PA) Jeannette

Ht: 6-foot-6
    Wt: 235 lbs
    Forty: 4.4 secs
    Bench max: n/a
    Squat max: n/a
    Vertical: n/a
    GPA: 3.4
    Class: 2008 (High School)

Offers: Florida, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Oregon

Pryor is the #1 ranked recruit in the country. Many seem to think he is headed to tOSU.

2. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Pittsburgh Live - Clemons fills in Pryor on Michigan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Toney Clemons can see it now. Terrelle Pryor drops back, sees Clemons open along the sideline and delivers a perfect strike for a long touchdown play.

And the Michigan crowd goes wild.

Clemons, a freshman wide receiver at Michigan and a Valley High School graduate, would like nothing more than to have Pryor, Jeannette's standout quarterback, join him in Wolverines blue and maize.

Besides, Pryor is Clemons' cousin.

Pryor, the much-sought-after recruit who is rated as the top prospect in the country, brought Michigan back onto his list of potential colleges when former West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez took over as head coach.

Clemons, who communicates with Pryor via cell phone calls and text messages, isn't exactly pressuring Pryor to go to Ann Arbor, Mich., but he is offering advice when it comes to the sometimes overwhelming recruiting process.

"We talk all the time," Clemons said. "I tell him, it's his decision. I try to help him out, but it's his call. Terrelle wants to play in a spread offense. We don't know if Coach Rodriguez is going to bring in the spread here. But he is a coach who caters to his players. That's what great offensive coaches do."

Pryor has narrowed his list of schools to Ohio State, Michigan, Oregon, Penn State and Florida.</div>

3. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

Also a top 30 basketball recruit.

4. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

By far my favorite prospect of this class since I took notice of him back in May. I'll be a fan wherever he goes.

Passed for and rushed for over 1,800 yrds this season with 58 combined TDs (23 pass), and amassed 4,250 rushing yards and 4,249 passing yards in his HS career. He also saw quite a bit of time at S, DE, and some WR and I believe he would be highly recruited at any of those too. As a JR, he had 11 INTs on D. Ridiculous athlete.

One knock is that he played in class AA, so others question the competition, because Jeannette basically destroyed everyone onto a 16-0 record and won the state title. Broke plenty of offensive records.

<div align="center">Rivals video (JR season)
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oE-TH096R-8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oE-TH096R-8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object></div>

5. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate @ Dec 22 2007, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Also a top 30 basketball recruit.</div>

Yeah, but is he going to play both sports in college?

6. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

He wants to, which is a factor in the decision of where he goes. But I think eventually he'll realize how tough it is to do that and play QB.

7. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Article title: Terrelle Pryor (Jeannette, PA)
    Article description: Class of 2008 - QB
    Category: College Football Recruiting
    Date added: Dec 22 2007, 09:00 PM
    Article starter: JCB

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#000000">Terrelle Pryor - QB</span></span> (<span style="color:#000000">Rivals Profile</span>, <span style="color:#000000">Scout Profile</span>)

[​IMG]

Dual-Threat Quarterback
    Jeannette (PA) Jeannette

Ht: 6-foot-6
    Wt: 235 lbs
    Forty: 4.4 secs
    Bench max: n/a
    Squat max: n/a
    Vertical: n/a
    GPA: 3.4
    Class: 2008 (High School)

Offers: Florida, Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon, Penn State

Pryor is the #1 ranked recruit in the country. Many seem to think he is headed to tOSU.</div>

8. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dissonance19 @ Dec 22 2007, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He wants to, which is a factor in the decision of where he goes. But I think eventually he'll realize how tough it is to do that and play QB.</div>

Yeah, there've been guys like Matt Trannon (Michigan St.) who've played skill positions in football and then played in the post for basketball season, but I can't recall anyone who was both a QB and basketball player. Greg Paulus (Duke) had a shot, as the Gatorade HS Football Player of the Year and USA Today's #1 ranked QB, but he ultimately chose basketball. Outside of those players, I can't really think of many other examples of players who even had the option to be offensive contributers in both sports in the last decade or two. Almost needless to say, Pryor is special.

9. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Jeannette's Pryor leads AP's AA all-star football team | Post Gazette

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Jeannette coach Ray Reitz remembers first setting eyes on Terrelle Pryor when his future quarterback was playing midget football.

"He was so much bigger than everyone else," Reitz said. "We thought the other kids would catch up to him."

They never did. Nor did any other player at any school in Pennsylvania.

Already a two-time all-state selection heading into his senior year, the 6-foot-6, 225-pound Pryor further distanced himself from all others while completing his career as The Associated Press Pennsylvania Class AA player of the year.

Pryor amassed 3,778 yards in total offense -- remarkably, split almost equally between running (1,899 yards) and passing (1,889 yards) -- in leading the Jayhawks to a PIAA championship and a 16-0 season.

Player of the year--Terrelle Pryor, Jeannette</div>

10. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Voodoo Child @ Dec 22 2007, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dissonance19 @ Dec 22 2007, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He wants to, which is a factor in the decision of where he goes. But I think eventually he'll realize how tough it is to do that and play QB.</div>

Yeah, there've been guys like Matt Trannon (Michigan St.) who've played skill positions in football and then played in the post for basketball season, but I can't recall anyone who was both a QB and basketball player. Greg Paulus (Duke) had a shot, as the Gatorade HS Football Player of the Year and USA Today's #1 ranked QB, but he ultimately chose basketball. Outside of those players, I can't really think of many other examples of players who even had the option to be offensive contributers in both sports in the last decade or two. Almost needless to say, Pryor is special.
    </div>

Charlie Ward. Ronald Curry. Julius Peppers.

11. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

Pryor was on rivals radio today and apparently changed his mind about whole basketball thing. He said it won't weigh on decision at all and that he feels he has a better chance to get to the pros playing football. Guess, he feels there are a lot of 6'6" 235lb SFs out there, or just doesn't like it as much as football. Wonder if he even plans to play it at all now.

Other than that, he spoke about how likes Ohio State's coaches and is friends with their recruits. He plans to take visits to Michigan, Oregon in January sometime and surprisingly maybe Duke because of Coach Cutcliffe.

12. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Pryor named USA Today's prep offensive player of the year | Detroit Free Press

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Quarterback Terrelle Pryor of Jeanette (Pa.) has been named USA Today's prep offensive player of the year.

The 6-foot-6, 210-pounder is considering Michigan and has a cousin by marriage, freshman wide out Toney Clemons, on the team.

USA Today sports writer Jim Halley's report on Pryor:

- Why him? First Pennsylvania high school player to pass for more than 4,000 yards (4,249) and rush for more than 4,000 (4,250) in his career. Led his team to the state’s AA title and a 16-0 record as it scored a state-record 860 points. He can throw a football 75 yards, or 50 yards on his knees. Passed for 23 TDs and ran for 34. Also a top basketball recruit.

- Colleges considering: Ohio State, Florida, Michigan, Penn State and Oregon.

- Favorite NFL player(s): All quarterbacks. Vince Young, Tom Brady and Michael Vick.

- What people might not know about you: ”They don’t know my personality. Some people get the wrong impression about me.“

- Favorite entertainer: Rapper Lil’ Wayne.

- NBA or NFL: ”The NBA. You can play longer because you don’t get beat up as much.“

- Best lesson you’ve learned: ”Just be around the right people and don’t be around the wrong people. Stay away from trouble.“

- Last movie you saw: ”Superbad.“

- Who’s in your five: Mom, dad, friends Jason and Ted, and coach Ray Reitz and coach Roy Hall.

- Funniest recruiting story: ”Somebody tried to land a helicopter on our field.“</div>

13. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Pryor to showcase game on biggest stage

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>SAN ANTONIO - Jeannette, Pa., quarterback Terrelle Pryor is used to attention.

During home games, Jayhawk fanatics are following his every move expecting some sort of magic – and he usually provides it. On the road, opposing fans are hoping that for once he'll have an off game and give their team a chance to win. They usually go home unhappy.

This weekend at the U.S. Army All American Bowl, Pryor will be on the biggest stage of his life. There will be plenty of armchair quarterbacks ready to judge his performance. And for the 6-foot-6, 235-pounder, that is exciting.

"I started to get pumped up a bit about it this morning," said Pryor on Sunday morning as he registered. "I had a basketball tournament this weekend, so I wasn't really focused on (the All-American Bowl). But this morning, I was excited.

It's cool to be here; it feels like a college or NFL feel or something. You're treated first class right away, and you're around so many other great players. I just appreciate being picked here and being with so many other talented players."

Pryor is expected to be the starter at quarterback for the East squad, although nothing has been guaranteed. He's hoping head coach Robert Prunty runs his type of offense.

"I hope it's a spread," he said. "All of our quarterbacks can move around, so it makes sense. I talked to the coach a little bit and he said he hopes to use it, but if he doesn't its cool. I also want to show people that I'm not just a running quarterback anyhow. I don't mind sitting in the pocket and throwing the ball around."</div>

Pryor did, indeed, arrive at the hotel wearing a Michigan sweatshirt

14. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
  15. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Pryor, the nation's top-rated player, had his most consistent day. Maybe it was because practice was inside the Alamodome and the wind did not hold up his throws. Or maybe it was because Pryor is finally getting on the same page with his wide receivers. He hit Thomas. He hit Kenny Tate and Posey multiple times. Pryor is also a major threat running the ball. He's not the No. 1 player in the country for nothing.</div>

Army All-American East Hot 11

16. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Coach Quarles impressed with Pryor

<span style="color:#0a4ea3">Terrelle Pryor</span> is going to get better. That was the message from East quarterbacks coach George Quarles when he talked about the nation's No. 1 player. Pryor rushed for 36 touchdowns and threw for 23 more this season at Jeannette (Pa.).

"He's just so athletic," said Quarles, the coach at Maryville (Tenn.). "His best days are ahead of him. I know that's scary for people to hear, but when he gets in a system and gets that consistent coaching all the time he's going to separate himself even more. I never saw Vince Young play in person, but I can't imagine Vince Young being any more athletic than Terrelle."</div>

Coaches rave about East's athletcism

17. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

18. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

goin to see TPryor play basketball on Feb 1.

19. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Pryor said Ohio State would be a good destination for him because he liked Daniels, the quarterbacks coach, and Tressel. He said he got along well with Ohio State’s recruits here this week, but he worried whether the Buckeyes would implement a spread offense, as Tressel had promised.

“I believe him because he said he would, but I really don’t know,” said Pryor, who committed as a sophomore to play basketball at Pittsburgh but withdrew the commitment because of the interest from other universities in him as a football player.

Michigan figures to switch to the spread offense because Rodriguez is one of the originators of the scheme. Pryor said another advantage for the Wolverines was that the freshman wide receiver Toney Clemons was his cousin by marriage.

“The only thing that would hurt them is I don’t know if it’ll come ready and packaged real quick,” Pryor said of Michigan’s running a spread offense.

Asked if he was concerned about the Michigan quarterback Ryan Mallett, a freshman who started three games this season, Pryor said, “I’m not worried about no backups anywhere.”

Pryor said he liked Florida’s spread offense and Coach Urban Meyer. He said he was impressed with the Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow and the “great athletes” that play for the Gators, but he said the college’s distance from home was a negative</div>

<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">

<a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/05/sports/ncaafootball/05preps.html?pagewanted=1&_r=3&ref=sports" target="_blank">Pryor discusses recruiting, among other things with the NY Times

</a></span>

20. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member