Thread: Terrelle Pryor (Jeannette, PA) - OHIO STATE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
  1. TOP #76
    Thoth is developing a reputation Thoth's Avatar Sisyphus in training

Isn't this the kid that was going to W Va because of Rodriguez then was a shoe in to replace Mallett?

If so, it appears that Rodriguez has started off his tenure in Ann Arbor in typical fashion..... losing to Ohio St. rofl.

Personally, I think TP will be sorry he did not choose Oregon who I understand was in the running for awhile... Geography IMO should not be the sole factor in determining loyalty.

2. TOP #77
    JCB is developing a reputation JCB's Avatar The Savage Nation

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder &#064; Mar 20 2008, 11&#58;57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Isn't this the kid that was going to W Va because of Rodriguez then was a shoe in to replace Mallett?

If so, it appears that Rodriguez has started off his tenure in Ann Arbor in typical fashion..... losing to Ohio St. rofl.

Personally, I think TP will be sorry he did not choose Oregon who I understand was in the running for awhile... Geography IMO should not be the sole factor in determining loyalty.</div>

Well, it was always believed he was going to tOSU (or the University of Ohio State as he put it) from the beginning. He was the first one Rich Rod called when he decided to take the Michigan coaching position, which kind of set off some flares that maybe Pryor was leaning towards Michigan. But in the end, Ohio State still figured to be the likely destination. He had said he didn't want to go to a West Coast a few months ago when he was still considering UCLA (?, it was a west coast school, don't remember if it was actually UCLA), so Oregon, even though it was in his final four, wasn't likely. He liked OSU from the beginning and stuck with it. Just a shame he dragged it out for 6 weeks longer than he needed to.

3. TOP #78

Will Pryor live up to the hype? | FOX Sports

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I know Pryor is supposed to be the real deal. I know that he has all the talent to be a superstar of Vince Young-like proportions, and I know that Ohio State fans see him as the missing piece to get over the hump and win a second national title in six years. Sorry, but I'll believe it all when he actually does something.

I'd like to get all caught up in the mania, I really would, but I've heard this story before . . .</div>

4. TOP #79

Inside Terrelle Pryor's decision to go to Ohio State | Detroit Free Press

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>When Terrelle Pryor sat down in front of the TV cameras March 19 to announce where he would play college football and said the words “The University of ...” Greg Gillum’s world went blank for a millisecond.

It didn’t matter that Pryor had plopped a black block “O” cap on his head, revealing Ohio State as the winner over archrival Michigan. The nation’s No. 1 recruit had been sending mixed signals to the Buckeyes and Wolverines throughout the drawn-out and heavily scrutinized recruiting process.

Maybe Pryor was putting on the OSU cap for shock value before pulling a cruel switcheroo?

“... Ohio State,” Pryor finished.

Gillum, the Buckeyes’ assistant recruiting coordinator, could breathe again. Ohio State would set Pryor straight on the formal structure of the school name later.

“To be honest, the first time we knew for sure that he was coming here was when he announced it,” Gillum said after a recent spring practice. “It was up and down, like a roller coaster. Sometimes, you’d feel OK with where we were in the process and other times you’d be wondering what we could do better.

”The morning of his announcement, he seemed to be backpedaling a little bit. His last conversation with coach (Jim) Tressel was about 30 minutes before the news conference and when Jim got off the phone his reaction was, ’I don’t know.’ “

Six weeks after Tressel introduced the first 19 members of his 2008 recruiting class, Pryor finally put his name on the dotted line, ending one of the most hyped recruiting wars in recent memory while fueling claims that the 6-foot-6, 235-pound quarterback from Jeannette, Pa., was an immature glory hound milking the spotlight.</div>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information