Julio Jones (Foley, AL) - ALABAMA

Discussion in 'Class of 2008' started by JCB, Dec 22, 2007.

1. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#000000">Julio Jones - WR</span></span> (<span style="color:#000000">Rivals Profile</span>, <span style="color:#000000">Scout Profile</span>)

[​IMG]

Wide Receiver
    Foley (AL) Foley

Ht: 6-foot-4
    Wt: 212 lbs
    Forty: 4.5 secs
    Bench max: 315 pounds
    Squat max: 505 pounds
    Vertical: 41 inches
    GPA: n/a
    Class: 2008 (High School)

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas Tech

Julio is the #1 ranked wide receiver in the country and the #2 ranked prospect in the country.

2. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

I've seen this guy play, and he's a monster, I hope he goes to LSU!

3. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

Kid has an NFL body right now. Got the size and the speed and everything you want. Some consider to be the best prospect and had there not been the kid above him, he would be consensus.

I think he stays in state and ends up at Alabama. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see him go elsewhere. Wherever he goes, he will make an impact next yr.

<div align="center">6 min video clip of him.
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q7djgR4tDSg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q7djgR4tDSg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object></div></div>

4. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    I agree. My gut tells me he goes to 'Bama. And when I first typed up this profile, and saw that his max squat was over 500 lbs, I was shocked. I knew he was built, but not that built.

5. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

If Saban can't get him to sign with Bama, then he has real problems

6. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JCB @ Dec 25 2007, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I agree. My gut tells me he goes to 'Bama. And when I first typed up this profile, and saw that his max squat was over 500 lbs, I was shocked. I knew he was built, but not that built.</div>

Wow, 500lbs? I didn't even notice that. Ridiculous.

Gotta give Saban credit for the class he's put together, with 17 kids (out of 26 commitments) that are 4 stars and above, and if he lands this kid, it might just to put them over the top. Plus, Jones and Burton Scott would be an insane combo.

7. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dissonance19 @ Dec 25 2007, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JCB @ Dec 25 2007, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I agree. My gut tells me he goes to 'Bama. And when I first typed up this profile, and saw that his max squat was over 500 lbs, I was shocked. I knew he was built, but not that built.</div>

Wow, 500lbs? I didn't even notice that. Ridiculous.

</div>

Yea, I know. Crazy. When I was typing it up, I kept thinking it had to be some sort of typo.

8. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

This kid looks like he might be the leader in YAC where ever he goes. He sounds like a top draft pick.

500lbs is amazing, espacially for a WR.

9. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>"I am still wide open," Jones said. "I haven't made up my mind yet where I am taking official visits. I am going to try and get back home, sit down, and figure that all out."

"I haven't set up any," Jones said. "They will start immediately though. I will hit the road on January 11th and take my first. I want to take all five."

"I just want to go somewhere that I am comfortable at," Jones said. "It is just about when I get there, on my visit, I want to find a place that feels like home."

While he still has numerous official visits to take, it won't be his first time on many of the college campuses.

He said that no one school stood out above the rest during those unofficial visits.

Jones, who is surrounded by great talent this week, said that he does take a look at who would be joining him if he were to commit to a particular school

"It will impact it somewhat," Jones said. "But I am just trying to go somewhere that I am going to win a National Championship and be comfortable."

Being a wide receiver, Jones wants to know who will be delivering him the ball from under center. He said that he isn't so much looking at who is coming in with his class, but rather who will be the starter at quarterback in his immediate future.

"I am trying to go somewhere that already has somebody pretty good at quarterback," Jones said. "Someone that is a freshman or a sophomore who will be there with me."</div>

Jones claims it's wide open and is looking at every situation closely

10. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Julio was dropped to #4 in the new and final Rivals 100 for the Class of 2008.

11. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

hmm why? I've seen one of his game, and he looked like the real deal.

12. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (o.iatlhawksfan @ Jan 15 2008, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>hmm why? I've seen one of his game, and he looked like the real deal.</div>

He was jumped by Mike Adams (who was previously a four-star, but he absolutely dominated in the Army AA game) and DaQuan Bowers (who was by far the best player in the Under Armour game), so it wasn't really a case of Julio dropping, but others around him improving drastically. Also probably didn't help that he had a sore knee at the Under Armour game and didn't really practice too well, though he played great in the game.

13. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Nobody knows where top prep football prospect Julio Jones will go | al.com

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>TUSCALOOSA -- Begin with the premise that nobody knows anything.

You do not know where Foley receiver Julio Jones is going to college. Presumably, neither do the coaches recruiting him, analysts, classmates, or teachers. His family?

Possibly.

"Maybe he doesn't even know if he has a favorite," said Jeremy Crabtree, Rivals.com's national analyst. "That's refreshing to see a kid who doesn't relish the attention all the time, even though he is an elite player."

With less than two weeks until National Signing Day on Feb.6, the question of Jones' final destination still hangs in the air. Publicly, he gives nothing away.

Will it be Alabama, which already boasts a recruiting class ranked in the top three? Or Oklahoma, which he is visiting this week. Or Florida? Or Florida State?

Your guess is as good as anyone's.

"He's kind of shy and introverted anyway, and he won't speak to any (reporters)," Foley coach Todd Watson said. "He gets so many interviews and stuff like that, that the way he deals with it is to shut it off."</div>

14. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Recruiting battles for SEC West teams | ScrippsNews

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>There's a reason the Southeastern Conference is annually considered the best or one of the best football leagues.

It all starts with recruiting the talent-rich South, and with signing day less than two weeks away on Feb. 6, the recruiting has been fierce as usual.

Here's how a panel of recruiting experts -- Tom Luginbill, national recruiting director for Scouts Inc., Bill King, a longtime recruiting guru who has a daily Sirius satellite show on Rivals Radio, and Scott Kennedy, director of scouting for Scouts Inc. -- see things going for SEC West teams.

-- 1. Now that Alabama coach Nick Saban has gone through a full recruiting year -- spring, summer and fall -- will he live up to his reputation as one of college football's best recruiters?

Luginbill: "Alabama is winning the state right now. They've signed more high-profile guys, and they've made real inroads within the state, especially south Alabama, where I think (previous 'Bama coach) Mike Shula and his staff really missed the mark."

King: "Saban already has a top-three nationally ranked class, and that's without (receiver) Julio Jones (of Foley, Ala., ranked as the nation's second best high school prospect by Scouts Inc.). Alabama will recruit great under Saban. He'll go get better overall athletes and football players than what Alabama has had there the past few years. This class is well rounded. They've done well in-state, they've got three of the top five players from the state of Tennessee, and they've dipped into other states, like getting quarterback Star Jackson of Lake Worth, Fla. Saban is spreading the word pretty good."</div>

15. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    OU Notebook: He's Here | Tulsa World

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Julio Jones, a 6-foot-4, 215-pound wide receiver from Foley, Ala., indicates equal interest in Alabama, Florida, Florida State, OU and Texas Tech. He's rated as the No. 1 wide receiver in the country (No. 4 overall) by Rivals.com and is ranked by Scout.com as the top high school player in the nation overall.

Jones reportedly caught 194 passes for 3,292 yards and 40 touchdowns in three seasons at Foley.

The Sooners currently have verbal commitments from three wide receivers: Jameel Owens of Muskogee, Josh Jarboe of Ellenwood, Ga., and DeJuan Miller of Metuchen, N.J.</div>

16. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    UF Recruiting | Tampabay.com

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>HOT PROSPECTS

It's a long shot, but the Gators remain in the hunt for the nation's No. 1 receiver Julio Jones, who has also listed Florida State, Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas Tech as his final schools of interest. He will announce his decision live on ESPNU on signing day. Another long shot is quarterback Terrelle Pryor. LB Brandon Harris (Miami Booker T. Washington), FB Jamie Harper (Jacksonville Trinity Christian) and WR T.J. Lawrence (Lakeland Kathleen) are also still considering the Gators.</div>

17. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Big Catch | al.com

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Alabama is considered the favorite over Oklahoma, Florida State and others for Foley wide receiver Julio Jones, who is ranked No. 1 on the list.</div>

18. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Okay, time to make my prediction:

Julio stays home and will be attending Alabama.

19. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

I say Bama as well.

It seemed as if the Sooners were coming on, but I think he might wanna be apart of the Tide's revival.

20. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

Bama in the midst of a ridiculous class, just got their crown jewel.

5 star WR Julio Jones to the Tide