Jerrell Harris (Gadsden, AL) - ALABAMA

Discussion in 'Class of 2008' started by JCB, Dec 23, 2007.

1. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Article title: Jerrell Harris (Gadsden, AL)
    Article description: Class of 2008 - LB
    Category: College Football Recruiting
    Date added: Dec 23 2007, 04:33 PM
    Article starter: JCB

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#000000">Jerrell Harris - LB</span></span> (<span style="color:#000000">Rivals Profile</span>, <span style="color:#000000">Scout Profile</span>)

[​IMG]

Weakside Linebacker
    McKees Rocks (PA) Montour

Ht: 6-foot-2
    Wt: 220 lbs
    Forty: 4.5 secs
    Bench max: 280 pounds
    Squat max: 500 pounds
    Vertical: 34 inches
    GPA: 3.2
    Class: 2008 (High School)

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, USC, Tennessee

Harris had an absolutely monster season, finishing with 140 tackles and 19 sacks. He is down to Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, USC, and Tennessee. He claims no leaders, and says his decision will be based on how he likes his visits. He has visited only Alabama so far, and will be visiting the remaining 4 schools after the dead period.</div>

2. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    From the 'Bama rivals site, Harris will announce on National Signing Day. He has four visits set up in January/February: Clemson, Auburn, USC, and Tennessee.

Harris is participating in the Under Armour All-Star Game this week.

3. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    From AuburnSports.com, Jerrell's coach talks about his recruitment and says he hays no idea where Harris is leaning. Still has visits left to USC and Tennessee. Still plans to announce on LOI day.

4. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    PalmettoSports.com | South Carolina Recruiting | Phil Kornblut | GoUpstate.com

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>LB Jerrell Harris (6-4 215) of Gadsden, AL made his official visit to Southern Cal over the weekend. "He enjoyed himself, everything was real good," said Ali Smith, Harris's assistant coach and recruiting adviser. "He was excited about his trip and really enjoyed it. He's open with all five schools. He'll take the one visit next week (Tennessee) and then he and his mom will sit down and make the decision. The kid really doesn't know where he wants to go because the schools have done a great job recruiting." Clemson, Auburn and Alabama are his other finalists. Clemson recruiters Dabo Swinney and Vic Koenning are to visit Harris Wednesday according to Smith. Harris plans to make his announced on Signing Day at 3:00 PM Eastern Time at his school.</div>

5. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    al.com blog

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Linebacker Jerrell Harris of Gadsden City High School has given no hint where he will sign, but as best I can tell, it's not likely to be with Auburn. Harris lists Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee, Clemson and Southern California as his options.</div>

6. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Okay, time to make my prediction:

Jerrell will be going to Alabama.

7. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

It's a toss up to me, between them and USC. Bama's really cleaned up in that state. I wanna say Bama, but something's telling me USC. They seem to get one when you least expect it. I'll go with USC.

8. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

And you were right. Committed to Bama. Saban's just clinched #1 class IMO if he didn't already. I can't get over the quality in it.