Cyrus Gray (DeSoto, TX) - TEXAS A&M VERBAL

Discussion in 'Class of 2008' started by JCB, Dec 24, 2007.

1. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Article title: Cyrus Gray (DeSoto, TX)
    Article description: Class of 2008 - RB
    Category: College Football Recruiting
    Date added: Dec 24 2007, 10:33 PM
    Article starter: JCB

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#000000">Cyrus Gray - RB</span></span> (<span style="color:#000000">Rivals Profile</span>, <span style="color:#000000">Scout Profile</span>)

[​IMG]

Running Back
    DeSoto (TX) DeSoto

Ht: 6-foot-0
    Wt: 190 lbs
    Forty: 4.44 secs
    Bench max: 315 pounds
    Squat max: 585 pounds
    Vertical: 34 inches
    GPA: 3.2
    Class: 2008 (High School)

Offers: Florida, Kansas, Louisville, Notre Dame, California

One of the top running backs in the country, Gray has received offers from multiple top tier college programs, but it seems as if he has narrowed his list down to Florida, Kansas, Louisville, Notre Dame, and Cal. There are many things to love about Gray's running game. His vision is absolutely outstanding and he explodes through the hole. His cut back ability is great and his acceleration is perhaps the best I've seen; once he's out in the open field, he's gone. He's also a very patient back, always waiting to make his move until the opportune moment (he reminds me a lot of Ray Rice in this aspect of his game). He breaks tackles fairly well, though I do think he needs to add on about ten to fifteen more pounds. But, once he puts some work in with his college trainers, this kid could be very, very special. He has already visited Notre Dame, Louisville, and Kansas and will be visiting Cal and Florida in January after the dead period. As far as I know, he does not have any leaders and will not make a decision until he has taken his final two visits. Just like he is patient in the backfield, he is also being patient in his recruitment.</div>

2. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    DeSoto RB Gray wants to be certain | Denton Record-Chronicle

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Eight of Rivals.com's top 100 Texas high school football recruits are undecided on college choices, including DeSoto running back Cyrus Gray.

Gray said Friday that he didn't get caught up in the new early commitment phenomenon because he wants to be certain of his choice.

Gray, who spoke by cellphone as he was changing planes in Charlotte, N.C., for his trip to the University of Florida, said his visit to Gainesville, Fla., could be his last.

But, Gray said, as he has all along, he is taking the recruiting process seriously.

"I want to be really sure," Gray said. "I've been looking around. I don't want to be one of these guys that commits and then de-commits. I want to commit to a college and have it be my only commitment."

Gray, ranked No. 16 on Rivals.com's state top 100 list, said he might take an official visit to Texas A&M next weekend. He already has visited Louisville, Notre Dame and Kansas.

Gray isn't the only DeSoto recruit visiting Florida. His teammate, athlete Adrian Bushell, went to Florida on Friday. Bushell, No. 21 on the state list, is the second-highest ranked state recruit that remains undecided.

The fact Bushell is on the trip to Florida, his home state, could be a good sign for the Gators. He failed to show up for a recruiting trip to Nebraska and also missed a plane flight to visit Louisville in the fall.</div>

3. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    From AggieYell.com, Cyrus says he will make his decision either late this week or early next week. I have no idea which way he's leaning, if he's even leaning at all.

4. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

From what I've gathered, A and M appears to be where he is headed.

5. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Committed to Texas A&M on Sunday. Sorry for the delay.