Taylor Hill (Youngstown, OH) - MICHIGAN VERBAL

Discussion in 'Class of 2008' started by JCB, Dec 25, 2007.

1. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Article title: Taylor Hill (Youngstown, OH)
    Article description: Class of 2008 - LB
    Category: College Football Recruiting
    Date added: Dec 25 2007, 08:02 PM
    Article starter: JCB

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#000000">Taylor Hill - OLB</span></span> (<span style="color:#000000">Rivals Profile</span>, <span style="color:#000000">Scout Profile</span>)

[​IMG]

Weakside Linebacker
    Youngstown (OH) Cardinal Mooney

Ht: 6-foot-2
    Wt: 205 lbs
    Forty: 4.5 secs
    Bench max: n/a
    Squat max: n/a
    Vertical: n/a
    GPA: n/a
    Class: 2008 (High School)

Offers: Pittsburgh, Syracuse, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan State

Hill is a very athletic and quick outside linebacker out of Ohio. He played a little bit of defensive end in high school as well. He is very quick to the ball and explodes through his opponent when in pursuit; rarely will you see him being pushed back when making a tackle. He tends to overrun the play on certain occasions and needs to learn to be a little more patient on defense. He over pursued on a few plays in his highlight video, but was able to use his athleticism to recover and make the tackle. However, this is definitely something he will need to work on in college as he will be facing much more talented players on a weekly basis and won't be able to get away with these mistakes anymore. He will also need to bulk up some more when he arrives on campus next fall. On the recruiting front, Hill originally committed to Oklahoma way back in July, but told the Sooner staff earlier in December that he wanted to look around a bit. Upon hearing this, the Sooners decided to withdraw their offer, resulting in Hill committing to West Virginia. However, with the news of Rich Rodriguez leaving for Michigan, Hill once again opened up his recruitment about a week ago. He says his de-commit from West Virginia does not necassarily mean he will not end up a Mountaineer; rather, he just wants to look around and make sure he is making the best possible decision. He is visiting Michigan State on January 11, and claims no leaders.</div>

2. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

I heard he decommitted from Oklahoma because he wanted to go to a school close to home, so they pulled it.

3. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dissonance19 @ Dec 25 2007, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I heard he decommitted from Oklahoma because he wanted to go to a school close to home, so they pulled it.</div>

Yea. That was his reasoning for choosing West Virginia, I think. Now with the whole coaching situation, I have no idea where he ends up.

4. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

Yeah, I have no clue either.

If Pitt can somehow get him, to go along with Burns, Baldwin, Saddler, and possibly Hale, they'd have some class.

5. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dissonance19 @ Dec 25 2007, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, I have no clue either.

If Pitt can somehow get him, to go along with Burns, Baldwin, Saddler, and possibly Hale, they'd have some class.</div>
    Yea. Imagine if Pitt had gotten Collier too.

6. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Hill committed to Michigan yesterday and says Rich Rodriguez was the main factor in his decision.