Your top 3 Fantasy Basketball suprises

Discussion in 'Fantasy Basketball' started by Dark Defender, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Dark Defender

Dark Defender The Dark Passenger

Part-Time Intern, Full Time Student
    Name your top 3 fantasy studs that you never expected to be good.

1) Caron Butler - I know, I know. The guys was already a stud but with the Arenas injury his stats are comparable to LBJ, I drafted him in the 2nd round in one and in the 3rd round in another.

2) Daniel Gibson - Someone dropped him in one of my leagues right before he went on his tear, haha.

3) Marvin Williams - Drafted him in the 7th! round and the guy gives me tons of rebounds, points, assists and steals.

2. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

Hedo Turkoglu is definitely one. I didn't expect him to be doing what he's been doing.

3. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Jamaal Tinsley (selected 10th round)
    Lamarcus Aldridge (selected 6th round)
    Andre Miller (waiver wire pickup)

4. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shapecity @ Dec 27 2007, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Jamaal Tinsley (selected 10th round)
    Lamarcus Aldridge (selected 6th round)
    Andre Miller (waiver wire pickup)</div>

Tinsley's been a great surprise.
    John Salmons has been great for me.
    Brandon Roy...wow. Not only fantasy, but realy life.

Can't forget Chris Kaman, 20 and 20 waiting to happen

5. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

I have 2 fantasy teams, so my list refers to both combined.

1. Chris Kaman
    I called a double-double average and a big year, but I certainly didn't expect the 19/14 average and the multiple 20/20 performances this early in the year.

2. Sebastian Telfair
    I predicted a solid year from my man Bassy as well, but the assist numbers have been magnificent. He's averaging 5.8 overall on the season, but 6.9 per game in December. Adding to it, this is the first year he has shot the ball over 40%, so that's a big plus as well.

3. Jamario Moon
    Who? The undrafted gem who earned a starting job on a playoff team and gives you great defensive numbers for a small forward. That's who.

I also have Dwight Howard, Brandon Roy, and Jamaal Tinsley. I wouldn't call Roy a surprise. He has been outstanding, but I didn't expect anything more or less statistically. Dwight Howard could very well be called a surprise, even though everybody was prepared for his best year. 23/15 with 3 blocks, though? Nobody in the world called that one. Tinsley is a big surprise as well, no doubt. 14/4/9 with almost 2 steals per game... and he's healthy.