Lerentee McCray (Dunnellon, FL) - FLORIDA VERBAL

Discussion in 'Class of 2008' started by JCB, Dec 29, 2007.

1. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Article title: Lerentee McCray (Dunnellon, FL)
    Article description: Class of 2008 - OLB
    Category: College Football Recruiting
    Date added: Dec 29 2007, 11:06 AM
    Article starter: JCB

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#000000">Lerentee McCray - OLB</span></span> (<span style="color:#000000">Rivals Profile</span>, <span style="color:#000000">Scout Profile</span>)

[​IMG]

Weakside Linebacker
    Dunnellon (FL) Dunnellon

Ht: 6-foot-2
    Wt: 200 lbs
    Forty: 4.5 secs
    Bench max: 320 lbs
    Squat max: 525 lbs
    Vertical: 37 inches
    GPA: n/a
    Class: 2008 (High School)

Offers: Florida, Florida State, LSU, South Carolina, Tennessee

Although he's not the biggest linebacker out there, McCray is definitely one of the most athletic at his position. In addition to playing linebacker in high school, he also played at the wide receiver and running back positions. Don't let his size fool you, as he explodes through his tackles and is very quick into the back field. If he can bulk up while at the same time maintaining his speed and athleticism, he could have a huge impact in college. McCray was initially committed to Miami, but his insistence on taking other visits forced the school and the prospect to part ways. He has already visited LSU and Tennessee and has a visit set up to Florida State for January 11th. His remaining two visits will be to Florida and South Carlina some time in January, as well. If I had to guess, I'd say Florida is the current leader for McCray, even though he has said he is wide open. I really think he wants to stay close to home. He will be participating in the Army All-American Game on January 5th.</div>

2. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    McCray is down to three: Florida, FSU, and LSU. I still get the feeling the Gators are his leader.

3. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Dunnellon's McCray chooses Florida

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>ORLANDO — Lerentee McCray is finally at peace.

After a stormy courtship with the University of Miami ended in a December de-commitment, the Dunnellon High linebacker officially re-opened his recruitment. Following visits to LSU, Tennessee and Florida State, McCray had seen enough.

Wednesday afternoon at the Disney ESPN Club, the four-star prospect was ready to share his decision with the recruiting world.

“I’m going to Florida,” McCray said. “I just felt most comfortable at UF; with the players, the coaches, everybody. It’s a great environment up there at the University of Florida.”

The U.S. Army All-American said the strong bond he forged with the Florida coaching staff, especially defensive coordinator Charlie Strong and head coach Urban Meyer, made the decision easier for him.

“It was tough because I really liked FSU,” McCray said, “and I really wanted to stay in Florida. But in the end it wasn’t that hard because I knew I felt more comfortable at UF.”</div>