TJ Lawrence (Lakeland, FL) - FLORIDA

Discussion in 'Class of 2008' started by JCB, Dec 29, 2007.

1. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Article title: TJ Lawrence (Lakeland, FL)
    Article description: Class of 2008 - WR
    Category: College Football Recruiting
    Date added: Dec 29 2007, 11:22 AM
    Article starter: JCB

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#000000">TJ Lawrence - WR</span></span> (<span style="color:#000000">Rivals Profile</span>, <span style="color:#000000">Scout Profile</span>)

[​IMG]

Wide Receiver
    Lakeland (FL) Kathleen

Ht: 6-foot-0
    Wt: 185 lbs
    Forty: 4.5 secs
    Bench max: 260 lbs
    Squat max: 315 lbs
    Vertical: 32 inches
    GPA: 2.8
    Class: 2008 (High School)

Offers: Florida, South Carolina, Virginia Tech, Boise State, Boston College, Clemson, Georgia Tech, LSU, Miami

An absolute stud of an athlete from Florida (what else is new), TJ Lawrence has some of the best hands at wide receiver in the Sunshine State. There's rarely a pass this kid cannot somehow reel in. His is very good after the catch thanks to his outstanding vision. If there are any areas he needs to improve on, it's definitely his size and speed. At the moment, he seems to lack that break-away speed that so many elite receivers possess. On the recruiting front, TJ is down to three schools : Florida, South Carolina, and Virginia Tech. He has already visited Blacksburg and has officials set up to the other two schools in January. He has no leaders of the three from what I know, and says the proximity of Florida to his home will not factor into his decision.</div>

2. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Lawrence Makes Official Visit To USC

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>WR T.J. Lawrence (6-2 190) of Lakeland, FL made his official visit to USC over the weekend. "It went good," he said. "I liked going out with the players, I had fun with them, guys like Shaq Wilson and Emmanuel Cook. I liked the dorm rooms, and I liked the stadium. They told me about how it's going to be bigger." Lawrence said he talked a lot with Gamecock head coach Steve Spurrier while on his visit. He has not made a commitment and will take his visit to Michigan this coming weekend. He also has visited Virginia Tech and Florida and said he does not have a favorite.</div>

3. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    UF Recruiting | Tampabay.com

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>HOT PROSPECTS

It's a long shot, but the Gators remain in the hunt for the nation's No. 1 receiver Julio Jones, who has also listed Florida State, Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas Tech as his final schools of interest. He will announce his decision live on ESPNU on signing day. Another long shot is quarterback Terrelle Pryor. LB Brandon Harris (Miami Booker T. Washington), FB Jamie Harper (Jacksonville Trinity Christian) and WR T.J. Lawrence (Lakeland Kathleen) are also still considering the Gators.</div>

4. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Top Recruit Lawrence Keeps Quiet About Plans | TheLedger.com

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Just a week from national signing day, T.J. Lawrence isn't talking.

But a college recruiting firestorm has erupted around the Kathleen football star who is the last of Polk's A-list prep players without a verbal commitment to a college.

Some of the nation's most famous college coaches have visited Lawrence - three in the past week.

Lawrence was Polk's top receiver this past season with 70 receptions for 929 yards. He also scored 14 touchdowns.

Lawrence told The Ledger that he'll announce his decision live on ESPNU on Feb. 6 at 12:45 p.m. That's the first day prep athletes can make a binding commitment to a school.

Sources close to the University of Florida football program seemed certain this week they had a commitment from the 6-foot-1, 195-pound all-purpose player, and coach Urban Meyer visited the Kathleen campus Jan. 23.

But not so fast.

Kathleen wide receivers coach Will Bahler said Michigan head coach Rich Rodriguez visited the campus the same day as Meyer, and Lawrence spent this past weekend on the Michigan campus. He's also made official visits to South Carolina, Virginia Tech and Florida.

Continued . . .</div>

5. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Okay, time to make my prediction:

TJ Lawrence to Florida.

6. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Signed his LOI to Florida today.