Mickael Pietrus?

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by Netted, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Netted

Netted Member

What about Magloire for Pietrus? It's obvious we need more wing players (a reliable 6th man would be nice) and the salaries work. Magloire gives the Warriors a low post big man they could use in their rotation behind Biedrins.Warriors can trade disgruntled Pietrus

2. Boomdog

Boomdog Member

There's no way that they would make that trade. They can get much better for Pietrus then magliore.

3. Netted

Netted Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boomdog @ Dec 30 2007, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>There's no way that they would make that trade. They can get much better for Pietrus then magliore.</div>
    Doubt they send him to a contender in the West. Only teams that will probably make a play for him in th East are Miami, Orlando, Cleveland, Detroit and NJ. It's a tough match-up salarywise unless it's part of a bigger package and Golden St is willing to take back a contract that goes beyond this season.

Something tells me he could be stolen in a deal that gives the Warriors a simple piece that helps them match-up with playoff contenders. They have a lot of quality players, they don't need a star back. They just need another player that will help them bang with the Duncans, Boozers, Bynums, Yaos and Dampiers they could see in the playoffs.

4. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

Don Nelson would have zero use for Magloire. Nellie forces other teams to match up with him

5. Netted

Netted Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Dec 31 2007, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Don Nelson would have zero use for Magloire. Nellie forces other teams to match up with him</div>
    Very true, but if another coach did force him to match-up with a big banger, at least he would have one. They don't need another wing. No one is going to give them a quality big for a player with one year left on his deal and no bird rights. The only other type of player they could use would be a back-up pg.

6. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Netted @ Dec 31 2007, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Dec 31 2007, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Don Nelson would have zero use for Magloire. Nellie forces other teams to match up with him</div>
    Very true, but if another coach did force him to match-up with a big banger, at least he would have one. They don't need another wing. No one is going to give them a quality big for a player with one year left on his deal and no bird rights. The only other type of player they could use would be a back-up pg.
    </div>

Nellie isn't going to put anyone on the floor that has no place in his offense. Magloire is slow, and a poor passer. There is essentially zero that Nellie could do with him.

7. Real

Real Dumb and Dumbest

Magloire for Pietrus?

I feel a cold chill in hell.

8. Netted

Netted Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Dec 31 2007, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Netted @ Dec 31 2007, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Dec 31 2007, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Don Nelson would have zero use for Magloire. Nellie forces other teams to match up with him</div>
    </div>

Nellie isn't going to put anyone on the floor that has no place in his offense. Magloire is slow, and a poor passer. There is essentially zero that Nellie could do with him.
    </div>
    What if we tie a draft pick around his neck?? [​IMG]

Work with me here and give me some hope!!! [​IMG] I've been wanting Pietrus on this team for awhile and the way this bench is playing they clearly need a 6th man.

9. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

Frank would probably never play Pietrus, due to Pietrus having no bball IQ.

10. Universe

Universe Hall of Fame

I'd rather swing Austin Croshere rather than MP. Croshere has three point ability and size that we could use.

11. ToddMacCulloch11

ToddMacCulloch11 Who me?

The Warriors would want nothing to do with Magloire. What part could he possibly play in their offense? Other then the big guy who bobbles the ball away every chance he gets.

12. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate @ Dec 31 2007, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Frank would probably never play Pietrus, due to Pietrus having no bball IQ.</div>

Agreed. I don't know how other people don't realize this.

13. ly_yng

ly_yng Active Member

Robot Mailman
    Yep, Pietrus isn't a Frank guy, and Magloire isn't a Nellie guy.

This trade is about as likely as a Kidd trade to Chicago was at the last trading deadline.

14. JAMES.SLIMM

JAMES.SLIMM Member

What constitutes a Frank guy?

15. Real

Real Dumb and Dumbest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JAMES.SLIMM @ Jan 1 2008, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What constitutes a Frank guy?</div>

Someone with a high basketball IQ for starters. Part of the reason why Jason Collins has started for the past five years up until last month.

16. Kidd Karma

Kidd Karma Member

Pietrus will get burn alongside Kidd. But I don't think Nellie goes for it. As much as getting a Boozer stopper appeals to GSW....Magloire is not that guy. We saw them buyout Foyle after he rotted on their bench all season. When Boozer went nuts on them in the 2nd round, Foyle did not get any time on the floor in that series.

17. Jizzy

Jizzy Capo Status

pietrus has really fallen out of favor in GS. i could possibly see them taking magloire for him at the deadline just to shed some salary. who knows, he's a young kid and was named the "french MJ", maybe Frank will like him, ya dig.