Josh Jenkins (Vienna, WV) - WVU VERBAL

Discussion in 'Class of 2008' started by JCB, Dec 31, 2007.

1. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Article title: Josh Jenkins (Vienna, WV)
    Article description: Class of 2008 - OG
    Category: College Football Recruiting
    Date added: Dec 31 2007, 01:01 PM
    Article starter: JCB

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#000000">Josh Jenkins - OG</span></span> (<span style="color:#000000">Rivals Profile</span>, <span style="color:#000000">Scout Profile</span>)

[​IMG]

Offensive Guard
    Vienna (WV) Parkersburg

Ht: 6-foot-3
    Wt: 285 lbs
    Forty: 5.2 secs
    Bench max: n/a
    Squat max: n/a
    Vertical: 24 inches
    GPA: 3.5
    Class: 2008 (High School)

Offers: Florida State, Ohio State, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Michigan

One of the top offensive line prospects in the country, Jenkins was the prize of this years class for West Virginia. However, with the departure of Rich Rodriguez, Jenkins has de-committed from his home state school and re-opened his recruitment. Ohio State and Florida State are his current leaders and he will likely wait to make a decision until we get closer to National Signing Day.</div>

2. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>SAN ANTONIO - The best player in West Virginia according to Rivals.com, who had committed to the in-state Mountaineers, has re-opened his recruitment and might not be staying that close to home after all.

Vienna (W.Va.) Parkersburg offensive guard Josh Jenkins, a 6-foot-3, 282-pound recruit, confirmed Sunday he has re-opened his recruitment and that Ohio State and Florida State are his top schools. West Virginia is still in the running but Jenkins said he is concerned about the coaching situation in Morgantown.

Former coach Rich Rodriguez left WVU earlier this month to take the job at Michigan. The Mountaineers are still searching for their next coach.

"I'm not sure about the stability of the coaches after this year," Jenkins said. "If they lose or they don't win the Big East in the next couple years, they're probably going to be gone. They're not totally out of the race but I'm not committed to them anymore… I was going to stay with my commitment but now that Rodriguez and the coaches I felt comfortable with left it's open again."

Rivals.com rates Jenkins as the fourth-best offensive guard nationally and he is also a member of the Rivals 250. Jenkins has already visited Florida and Ohio State.

He has trips planned to Florida State for the weekend of Jan. 11 and to Pittsburgh for Jan. 18. Michigan is also starting to make a push but Jenkins did not want to comment on the Wolverines when asked Sunday.</div>

Link

3. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Jenkins impressed with talent at U.S. Army Bowl

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>SAN ANTONIO, Texas — Josh Jenkins is enjoying every minute of his once-in-a-lifetime experience this week at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

On New Year's Day, Jenkins and his East all-star teammates went through the second of five straight days of two-a-day workouts in preparation for Saturday's noon game against the West team, which will be nationally televised by NBC at noon.

Jenkins is more than impressed with the talent on both squads.

"Speed, speed and more speed,' he said. "Everyone is so fast and so strong.'

Yet, Jenkins, a first-team USA Today all-American and the first West Virginia high school senior selected to participate in the game, is holding his own.

"I'm sore all over,' he said. "Yesterday was the first day since Dec. 1 (the day the Big Reds won back-to-back state championships) that I've had contact,' he said. "Today was much better. The contact was still there but my body knew what was coming. I played well today. Our line opened up some sweet holes.'</div>

4. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Per the FSU rivals site, Jenkins his heading down south to visit the Seminoles this weekend. He's only talking about FSU and tOSU now. Seems like WVU and Michigan are out of it.

5. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    From the WVU rivals site, Josh will be visiting West Virginia this weekend. He seems to be leaning towards FSU at the moment, though.

6. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Okay, time to make my prediction:

Josh Jenkins will be re-committing to West Virginia tomorrow.

7. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student