Parcells will fire Cameron

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by Thoth, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I thought the longer the wait the better off Cam is. The lack of news is torture.

After going to google news & searching Cam Cameron, my educated guesstimation says Cameron is gone.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&tab=...tnG=Search+News

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Two potential replacements for Cameron are Dallas Cowboys assistant head coach Tony Sparano and Arizona Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley. Both worked under Parcells during his four seasons in Dallas. Sparano is expected to interview this week for the head-coaching vacancy in Atlanta</div>

There were rumors he had alienated many veterans. I knew JT did not like him but that Zach had issues with him also. It would explain (somewhat) why ZT has missed so many games. Migraines are nothing to mess with, but, they do eventually go away.

I had a semi-favorable of opinion of the Nicktator until I learned he questioned Zach's manhood. My opinion of CC has diminshed if its true he has rubbed Zach the wrong way.

2. Thoth

The suspense is killing me.

After doing a Google News Search again, some London paper reports Cam is gone. However, John Clayton says CC's fate will be decided by Friday.

Allegedly, Tuna is consulting w/ Bob Knight who according to rumor is friends w/ Cam.

Should Cam be canned by Tuna, I'd rather have Todd Haley (Cardinals OC) as the next coach of the phins.

3. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Cameron played basketball for Bob Knight at Indiana and they maintain a relationship to this day....I heard the story last year about how Cameron became a football coach: Cameron was a football player and basketball player at IU. When he was done, he was set to go to law school but decided against it. He told Knight he wanted to skip law school and coach. Knight offered him an assistant position at IU, but Cameron wanted to coach football. So Knight pulled out his rolodex and called Bo Schembechler at Michigan. A day later, Cameron was a grad assistant in Ann Arbor....All indications are that they remain friends to this day and Parcells and Knight are supposedly friends too, so that could play a factor....

4. ToddMacCulloch11

ToddMacCulloch11 Who me?

good call.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3178646

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Dolphins coach Cam Cameron was fired Thursday morning, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports, continuing the team's shakeup following the hiring of Bill Parcells as head of football operations.</div>

5. Fred

Fred Madden Fan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef @ Jan 3 2008, 05:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Cameron played basketball for Bob Knight at Indiana and they maintain a relationship to this day....I heard the story last year about how Cameron became a football coach: Cameron was a football player and basketball player at IU. When he was done, he was set to go to law school but decided against it. He told Knight he wanted to skip law school and coach. Knight offered him an assistant position at IU, but Cameron wanted to coach football. So Knight pulled out his rolodex and called Bo Schembechler at Michigan. A day later, Cameron was a grad assistant in Ann Arbor....All indications are that they remain friends to this day and Parcells and Knight are supposedly friends too, so that could play a factor....</div>

he should have went to law school. he sucks as a coach.

6. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

"Are any Dolphins safe from being canned by Tuna? " - asociated press

They stole this from me! I made this up last week!

7. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred @ Jan 3 2008, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef @ Jan 3 2008, 05:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Cameron played basketball for Bob Knight at Indiana and they maintain a relationship to this day....I heard the story last year about how Cameron became a football coach: Cameron was a football player and basketball player at IU. When he was done, he was set to go to law school but decided against it. He told Knight he wanted to skip law school and coach. Knight offered him an assistant position at IU, but Cameron wanted to coach football. So Knight pulled out his rolodex and called Bo Schembechler at Michigan. A day later, Cameron was a grad assistant in Ann Arbor....All indications are that they remain friends to this day and Parcells and Knight are supposedly friends too, so that could play a factor....</div>

</div>

I don't know why Cameron struggled when he coached the IU football team, but he doesn't deserve all the blame for what happened in Miami. I think it has been stated multiple times, in these forums, that the Dolphins problems extend back to bad drafts from the "Teflon" Dave Era. Still, I don't fault Parcells for wanting his own guy. Saying that Cameron sucks as a coach may be a bit simplistic as well. Cameron didn't become an NFL head coach simply because he sucks. There has to be some level of success to be found on his resume. I believe that some guys are better co-ordinators or assistants than they are head coaches and that may be Cameron's deal.

8. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale @ Jan 3 2008, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred @ Jan 3 2008, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef @ Jan 3 2008, 05:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Cameron played basketball for Bob Knight at Indiana and they maintain a relationship to this day....I heard the story last year about how Cameron became a football coach: Cameron was a football player and basketball player at IU. When he was done, he was set to go to law school but decided against it. He told Knight he wanted to skip law school and coach. Knight offered him an assistant position at IU, but Cameron wanted to coach football. So Knight pulled out his rolodex and called Bo Schembechler at Michigan. A day later, Cameron was a grad assistant in Ann Arbor....All indications are that they remain friends to this day and Parcells and Knight are supposedly friends too, so that could play a factor....</div>

</div>

I don't know why Cameron struggled when he coached the IU football team, but he doesn't deserve all the blame for what happened in Miami. I think it has been stated multiple times, in these forums, that the Dolphins problems extend back to bad drafts from the "Teflon" Dave Era. Still, I don't fault Parcells for wanting his own guy. Saying that Cameron sucks as a coach may be a bit simplistic as well. Cameron didn't become an NFL head coach simply because he sucks. There has to be some level of success to be found on his resume. I believe that some guys are better co-ordinators or assistants than they are head coaches and that may be Cameron's deal.
    </div>

"We want a guy that shares our philosophies....We really didn't know the guy..." - Jeff Ireland

I think that BEEF would make a great Dolphins head coach. The guy knows football, and has experience coaching at at certain level.

9. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider @ Jan 3 2008, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale @ Jan 3 2008, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred @ Jan 3 2008, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef @ Jan 3 2008, 05:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Cameron played basketball for Bob Knight at Indiana and they maintain a relationship to this day....I heard the story last year about how Cameron became a football coach: Cameron was a football player and basketball player at IU. When he was done, he was set to go to law school but decided against it. He told Knight he wanted to skip law school and coach. Knight offered him an assistant position at IU, but Cameron wanted to coach football. So Knight pulled out his rolodex and called Bo Schembechler at Michigan. A day later, Cameron was a grad assistant in Ann Arbor....All indications are that they remain friends to this day and Parcells and Knight are supposedly friends too, so that could play a factor....</div>

</div>

</div>

"We want a guy that shares our philosophies....We really didn't know the guy..." - Jeff Ireland

I think that BEEF would make a great Dolphins head coach. The guy knows football, and has experience coaching at at certain level.
    </div>

Mmmmmmmm! Surf & turf! Think about it. You'll get it.

10. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

To this point, Parcells hasnt returned my calls....I think its because hes knows me less than he knows Cameron....I will keep trying though....