What A-10 teams will make the NCAA's?

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by playaofthegame, Feb 21, 2008.

1. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

In your opinion what A-10 teams deserve to make the NCAA tournament and what teams don't?

It seems unfair that teams are being judged by conference play (the A-10 is a tough conference..like it or not) rather than overall record and tough non-conference wins.

I believe Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Xavier (obviously) and Dayton should be in the tournament depending on how they finish out the season. But I think these teams have the best chances at going to the NCAA's competing and maybe winning a game or 2.

The A-10 is underrated because historically they haven't been good but put history to rest. The tournament and its seedings are based on this year and the A10 has more than proved their worthiness to have 4 representatives this year.

2. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

It's going to be interesting, the only definite right now is Xavier with St. Joseph's, Dayton, UMass and Rhode Island all being on the bubble. Dayton is out as of right now, not playing good ball. It'll be interesting to see how the tourney shakes up, the end of hte season is gonna really be interesting to see how these games go. A lot of good games are left, St. Joe's has senior night @ home against Xavier, Dayton and St. Joe's play, Dayton has to play Xavier. I think the A10 tourney will really clear things out.

Xavier is going no matter what.

St. Joseph's: tough Non-Conf losses in the closing seconds (@ Syracuse, vs Gonzaga, @ Creighton), Swept UMass, let one get away against Xavier. Lost to La Salle this week, bad loss, also lost to Duquesne, but Nivins didn't play.

Rhode Island: lost 3 straight, Xavier, UMass, Temple. Swept by UMass. Good non-conf wins over Cuse, UAB, Providence.

UMass: swept by St. Joe's, but swept URI. Beat Cuse OOC.

Dayton: Sliding recently, lost 7 outta last 10. Big OOC win vs. Pitt. Lost recently to La Salle, GW, both bad losses.

From just a team perspective, I'd rank these teams:

1) Xavier
    2) St. Joseph's
    3) UMass
    4) URI
    5) Dayton