Lamar Odom

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by Really Lost One, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

All right, I know we've all bagged on Lamar in the past, myself included. We've always complained about his play, and even had some nicknames for him like "Lamar Odumb." Now, granted his play at the time warranted these types of reactions, you have to give the man some credit for his recent stretch of games. Ever since that boneheaded mistake he made against the Pistons, he's really stepped up his game (the Pau Gasol trade played a big factor as well). Lamar just seems fired up out there, and he's actually going out and he's showing detirmination to win, something I haven't seen from him for quite some time.

KCAL ran his stats sheet ever since the Pau Gasol trade, and since that time, he's been averaging 15 ppg, 13 rpg, and 5 apg, while shooting 62% from the field. He has been nothing short of amazing these last couple of games, and I really hope he can continue this play for the rest of the season. Now obviously when Bynum returns, he'll have to go threw an adjustment period if he's moved over to small forward, but given the way he has been playing recently, and the amount of confidence he's showing, I really don't think his switch to small forward will have an astronomical effect on his game.

Congradulations Lamar, and please, keep this up!

2. bacon smeller

bacon smeller The Baconater

Yea that is true and I also wanted to get rid of him but now I see that he doesn't need to be traded and I apologize for that but he better keep it up before I change my mind lol. Congrats to Odom

3. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    I want to see some more consistency out of him before I take back what I say for good (such as his output at the 3).

It's great that he can flourish for us as a Big Man at least.

4. Ludichris

Ludichris JBB JustBBall Member

Before the Gasol trade, Kurt Rambis said on AM 570 that the reason for Lamar's inconsistency is that he's a very emotional and moody guy; which translates directly to his game. It's pretty obvious he was unhappy with the pressure of being the second option. I'm betting the freedom to play his game and not have to score a lot makes him much happier, therefore explaining his much better play as well as his newfound consistency.

5. kobe23

kobe23 JBB JustBBall Member

College Undergrad
    Lets not ever let Lamar go LOL

I really hope we can resign him for less money. From 12M a year down to around 9M - 8M (Kwame type contract)

6. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ludichris @ Feb 24 2008, 03:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Before the Gasol trade, Kurt Rambis said on AM 570 that the reason for Lamar's inconsistency is that he's a very emotional and moody guy; which translates directly to his game. It's pretty obvious he was unhappy with the pressure of being the second option. I'm betting the freedom to play his game and not have to score a lot makes him much happier, therefore explaining his much better play as well as his newfound consistency.</div>

This is my sense of things as well.

Lamar is worth the money he's making, but he's ideally suited to be 3rd option, and never 1st option on some nights.

7. kobe23

kobe23 JBB JustBBall Member

College Undergrad
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Denny Crane @ Feb 24 2008, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ludichris @ Feb 24 2008, 03:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Before the Gasol trade, Kurt Rambis said on AM 570 that the reason for Lamar's inconsistency is that he's a very emotional and moody guy; which translates directly to his game. It's pretty obvious he was unhappy with the pressure of being the second option. I'm betting the freedom to play his game and not have to score a lot makes him much happier, therefore explaining his much better play as well as his newfound consistency.</div>

This is my sense of things as well.

Lamar is worth the money he's making, but he's ideally suited to be 3rd option, and never 1st option on some nights.
    </div>

Yeah he's worth it right now but i dont see us resigning Bynum to a big contract while retaining Kobe's, Gasol's and Odom's contracts.

I also do not see the Lakers getting rid of him anytime soon or maybe even next year if Lamar plays like this consistently.

Please lamar, resign for 9M

Please Kobe, resign for 18M

8. Brand New

Brand New so wavy

Lamar is probably playing hes best basketball as a Laker, they interview him on K-CAL last night and they asked him why is he playing so good and he said that it was that he was able to put his emotions and problems aside. Hes been playing great and he deserves all the credit right now.

9. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Good Job Lamar. Now stick to it the rest of the season!

10. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I'm glad Lamar is playing well and helping us consistently. I'm not totally sold on him yet though, cause I want to see how he plays as the 3 alongside Bynum and Gasol.

11. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I'm still not paying him more than $7.5-10 million/year. If he wants more than that next summer, let him walk.

12. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I agree with you Mamba. I don't htink he's worth 12-15mil per year because of how inconsistent he is, but definitely worth 7-10mil. Also, for as much he does, he still doesn't produce enough to be a 12-15mil per year player.

13. lakerman34

lakerman34 JBB JustBBall Member

Hehe I remember when I used to call this guy The Rubberband Man.

LAMAR ODOM is playing EXTREMELY well.
    Mitch Kupchak is a supergenius. Every move he has done or didn't do has paid off.
    KUPCHAK FOR EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR!

14. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

I agree, I think Kupchak deserves it.

1. Not trading Bynum despite your star player demanding a trade and expecting him to be traded to win now.
    2. Trading for Pau Gasol who has a reasonable contract for an elite big man, while giving up little.
    3. Trading for Ariza, while getting rid of Cook.
    4. Upgrading the pg position with Fisher over Smush.