Thorn Doesn't Take Orders, Not Even From Kidd

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by Balla 15, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Balla 15

Balla 15 Member

I don't know if this is old or not, I haven't seen it posted here so thought I would post it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>He demanded a trade to the Lakers at last year's deadline, "And he was very adamant about it," Thorn said. The team president assured Kidd he'd book him on the next plane pointed west the second the Lakers agreed to send back Andrew Bynum.

Meanwhile, Thorn reminded Kidd he'd rescued him from Phoenix and a conservative Colangelo cartel that had no use for a star who had assaulted his wife. Thorn told the point guard the Nets had done as much for him as he had done for the Nets.

"We had that conversation several times," Thorn said. "And Jason kept saying, 'Well, I saved a bunch of people here, too.'

"Then, all of a sudden, Jason got fixated on the Mavericks over the summer. The Lakers were no longer his team. He wanted to go to Dallas."

Thorn ultimately sent him to Dallas, the very place where Kidd learned how to sabotage a coach and team morale. But Thorn wasn't about to capitulate to a player who had infuriated him in December by calling in sick with a mystery migraine.

"I told Jason, 'If we can make a trade we feel is a good trade for us, we'll do it,' " Thorn said. "But Jason was insistent on going to a good team. I told him, 'I don't care where I send you. I'll send you to a good team or a bad team, whatever deal makes sense for us.' He didn't like that very much."</div>

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/nets/160...?c=y&page=1

2. Universe

Universe Hall of Fame

As much as I was a fan of Kidd, all the so called truth that is comming out makes Jason look like a whinny 12 year old.