Anticipating the Summer 2008 Trading Block

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by cpawfan, Apr 9, 2008.

1. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

Which players that are under contract for at least the 2008-2009 season do you expect to be on the trading block this summer?

<u>A few off the top of my head</u>

Al Harrington - He seems fairly useless in Golden State and appears to have worn out his welcome

Richard Jefferson and Vince Carter - They'll be out there, but a team is going to have to overpay for them since Thorn only makes lopsided deals

Tyrus Thomas - Appears to have worn out his welcome

2. pegs

pegs My future wife.

One of Luol Deng/Ben Gordon. Those 2 and the bulls don't seem to be getting along.

Josh Childress.

Either Earl Watson or Luke Ridnour. I see the Sonics drafting a PG this year, so one of those guys will be on their way out.

Someone on the Trailblazers. Jarret Jack, Steve Blake, Martell Webster...well, I'm not sure who, but I could see someone getting traded.

3. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Anybody Donnie Walsh can deal.

Anybody Milwaukee can deal for a reasonable price.

Possibly one of T.J. Ford or Jose Calderon (S&T?).

4. gambitnut

gambitnut Freek

computer build instructor
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Apr 9 2008, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Which players that are under contract for at least the 2008-2009 season do you expect to be on the trading block this summer?

<u>A few off the top of my head</u>

Al Harrington - He seems fairly useless in Golden State and appears to have worn out his welcome

Richard Jefferson and Vince Carter - They'll be out there, but a team is going to have to overpay for them since Thorn only makes lopsided deals

Tyrus Thomas - Appears to have worn out his welcome</div>

Harrington is in lots of rumors it seems, mostly due to his expiring contract, but hasn't been traded yet. Jefferson was traded, but not Carter. Chicago might stick with Thomas a bit longer I guess to see how he does with Rose.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Apr 9 2008, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>One of Luol Deng/Ben Gordon. Those 2 and the bulls don't seem to be getting along.

Josh Childress.

Either Earl Watson or Luke Ridnour. I see the Sonics drafting a PG this year, so one of those guys will be on their way out.

Someone on the Trailblazers. Jarret Jack, Steve Blake, Martell Webster...well, I'm not sure who, but I could see someone getting traded.</div>

I have no idea what Chicago is doing with regards to Deng and Gordon. Childress left, but not in a way I think anybody could have predicted. The "Sonics" name has been "traded" but we don't know what for yet and the players are still on the team. Jack is gone, not sure if the Blazers will do anything else, if they want as much cap space as possible in the summer of 2009, I'd expect Joel Przybilla to be the next one to go.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Apr 9 2008, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Anybody Donnie Walsh can deal.

Anybody Milwaukee can deal for a reasonable price.

Possibly one of T.J. Ford or Jose Calderon (S&T?).</div>

Milwaukee traded Yi and Simmons for Jefferson. Ford is gone and Calderon is definitely the starter now. Has Walsh done anything yet?

Lots of other trades have been done or rumored. Any more guesses as to what happens next?

5. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Apr 9 2008, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>One of Luol Deng/Ben Gordon. Those 2 and the bulls don't seem to be getting along.

Josh Childress.

Someone on the Trailblazers. Jarret Jack, Steve Blake, Martell Webster...well, I'm not sure who, but I could see someone getting traded.</div>

Damn. So far, I've struck out with everything. Especially Childress hahaha...

6. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gambitnut @ Jul 25 2008, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Harrington is in lots of rumors it seems, mostly due to his expiring contract, but hasn't been traded yet. Jefferson was traded, but not Carter. Chicago might stick with Thomas a bit longer I guess to see how he does with Rose.</div>
    Hes not an expiring contract, at least not necessarily. His contract goes through the 09-10 season but he does have a player option. As far as his trade status, it was confirmed that he and his agent were told to look into potential trade scenarios, that was at least 3 weeks ago and nothing has come up since then. He initially wanted out of GS but may have changed his stance as one of his best friends, Corey Maggette, has joined GS and with Baron gone there's a good possibility he won't just be a spot-up 3 pt shooter and he'll get more touches which is what was irking him. Mullin has said he views Al as an important piece this season, I dunno if Nellie thinks the same though. Hes become all the more expendable with the addition of several good 3 pt shooters- Mags (38% last year), M. Williams (38% last year), Beli will get playing time (39% last year), Azu is coming back (36%). Although most indications are that Al will probably be with GS to start the season, there are still a lot of rumors with him being moved elsewhere.

7. JE

JE Suspended

in between jobs right now
    I think Iverson may get dealt in the late summer. The Nuggets traded all their defense for nothing, they were already just barely making the playoffs, at least three teams have passed them IMO (Portland, L.A. Clippers, Minnesota), they might as well just rip it up and start over with Carmelo.