OT: Jose Canseco is homeless (ok not really)

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by kukoc4ever, May 1, 2008.

1. kukoc4ever

kukoc4ever Let's win a ring! Staff Member Moderator

http://blogs.wsj.com/developments/2008/05/...od_developments

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Mr. Canseco, 43, who retired in 2001, told the celebrity TV show “Inside Edition” that it did not make financial sense to keep his 7,300 square-foot home in the Los Angeles suburb of Encino. “Inside Edition” said it had foreclosure documents showing Canseco owed a bank more than $2.5 million on the house, Reuters reports.

“I do have a judgment on my home and it to me is very strange because it didn’t make financial sense for me to keep paying a mortgage on a home that was basically owned by someone else,” he said.

Canseco said the foreclosure was not a difficult issue emotionally. But he sympathized with the millions of other Americans who have already lost or face losing their homes because of soaring interest rates on sub-prime loans

“I decided to just let it go, but in most cases and most families, they have nowhere else to go,” he said. It was not clear from the “Inside Edition” report, Reuters reports, where Canseco was now living. Canseco said a good portion of the money he earned in his heyday went to pay for his divorces. “I had a couple of divorces that cost me $7 or $8 million,” he said.</div>

Ah, Jose. Time to smear some more ballplayers. What a train wreck.

So, anyone know anybody having their house foreclosed? I don't.

2. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

I can't feel bad for the guy. He used roids while playing, snitched on other players and friends for using, made money snitching on them, and caused a whole bunch of baseball players to have to spend all their money dealing with the fallout of what he said. He is a complete piece of crap.

How is he even still alive? Know what I mean?

3. MikeDC

MikeDC Member

Professor
    Nice job Jose. Maybe there's a reason you had to pay for a couple divorces.

4. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

Not the most professional interview, but he gets treated with the respect he deserves.

Scroll down to 4-01.