Strat-O-Matic League/Forum

Discussion in 'Sim Leagues' started by User01, May 16, 2008.

1. User01

User01 GOAT

C&P'ed (somewhat edited) from my post in the Nets forum:

hey, if anyone wants to join a strat basketball league, go to http://www.simdomain.net/strat/index.php and sign up for a team.

It is going to be run from 1997-98 season until present. if you've never played before, Strat is based on stats, you act as GM of a team you pick, and also set rotations of your team. Its explained much better on the site, but space is limited.

Admins: I hope you don't think of this as spam-vertising, as I doubt people would be visiting that instead of here, the forum is purely for the league. Thanks.

UPDATE: we finished a year, but a few guys weren't active or just forgot about it, and we're looking to replace them.
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Dallas Mavericks
    Detroit Pistons
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Miami Heat
    Milwaukee Bucks
    New York Knicks
    Sacramento Kings
    are the available teams. we're going to postpone the draft a day or two i believe to try and fill these spots.

NOTE: the draft lists are supposed to be in by tomorrow, but new sign ups will probably be allowed some leeway.

2. DynastYWarrioR6

DynastYWarrioR6 JBB SmurfY

Can you explain a tad more clearly what goes on in the league and how we go about it?
    I've never done sims before and I hoped to do one this year, but it didnt work out.

3. User01

User01 GOAT

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The Strat-O-Matic game is a basketball game that realistically recreates not just stats, but player tendencies, what they are good at, and nearly every facet of the game. (Darko Milicic is a good shotblocker but a poor interior defender, LeBron almost always finishes when he gets out on the break, Dwyane Wade penetrates to the lane roughly a billion times a game and gets fouled nearly as many times, Steve Nash gets people wide open baskets, and Dwight Howard turns the ball over on double teams like he gets paid extra for every turnover.)

Not sold on the system yet? ... Your team plays like it would with the various pieces of your team meshing together. You don't have anyone who can create his own offense and offense for other people, you might find yourself with more 24 second clock violations than you'd like.

Finally sold? Well, you're being given the chance to run a team from the 97-98 season all the way through to the 2006-2007 season. While the GM's of the past didn't have 20-20 hindsight working for them, you do... But so do your peers. Think the way a GM would think, put together a cohesive team, play to a team concept, and build a championship contender.</div>

That was stolen from the league commissioner, we already finished the first season, though.

http://www.strat-o-matic.com/ is the official website of the game, but not our league. you can use it to see what the game is like. it was originally a dice/card game, where the cards were based off of the stats of the player.