Chris Taft?!

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by kobimel, May 23, 2008.

1. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

Does anyone have an idea where Chris Taft disappeared to? I remember he was picked by the Warriors a couple of drafts ago after falling from the lottery to the 2nd round, and he was picked up by a D-League team this season...where the heck is he?

2. Ryan

Ryan BBW Member

He had chronic back problems. At least he did when he was with the W's. That's why they ultimately let him go. He played pretty good for them when he got minutes but after he got hurt he was never able to get back in shape.

3. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

He injured his back really bad going up for a dunk in the summer league right after he was drafted by the W's. He was actually pretty damn good when he played as a rookie but he only played like 8 games. His back never got better and the W's released him. I know he was working as a bouncer in NY for a while then last year he tried to make a comeback in the D-League but that was a failure. Don't know what hes up to now. You may see him pop up on some team's summer league team.

4. Big Frame

Big Frame Well-Known Member

Talking about guy's with bad injury's....Anyone know anything about the Clippers Shaun Livingston?

5. ToddMacCulloch11

ToddMacCulloch11 Who me?

Last I remember is he was in the d-league, but I think he got released because of injury

6. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Big Frame @ May 30 2008, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Talking about guy's with bad injury's....Anyone know anything about the Clippers Shaun Livingston?</div>

still rehabbing, and hope to be back next season. might be for a different team if the Clippers don't choose to re-sign him.

7. JUNIOR MINT

JUNIOR MINT 2010?

Technician
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Big Frame @ May 30 2008, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Talking about guy's with bad injury's....Anyone know anything about the Clippers Shaun Livingston?</div>

I heard his career might be over, very sad...
    <div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'>It's not always best to take need over talent in the NBA draft, but with long-term concerns over injured guard Shaun Livingston, it would be a shock if the Clippers didn't take a guard with the seventh pick. Livingston destroyed his left knee after landing awkwardly following a missed layup against Charlotte in February 2007, tearing the anterior cruciate ligament, the posterior cruciate ligament, and the lateral meniscus. The fourth overall pick in 2004 missed last season and it's uncertain when he will play again. An NBA source said the Clippers aren't expected to make Livingston a qualifying offer (the lowest starts at $5.8 million), making him an unrestricted free agent July 1. But with major knee concerns, it's uncertain the Clippers, or any team, will be rushing to sign him. According to the source, Livingston can't work out back-to-back days and needs about 90 minutes of therapy before doing noncontact basketball drills. There is speculation he might not be able to play at the NBA level again. What made Livingston special: he is a point guard with Magic Johnson-like height, at 6 feet 7 inches. But if he returns without his spectacular quickness, he could move to the small forward position.</div>

Source: http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/ce...he_pack/?page=2

8. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

There needs to be a tv show that tracks down the lives of all these players whose careers were very promising but were derailed for one reason or the other. You'd have guys like Chris Taft, Shaun Livingston, DeAngello Collins, Marcus Taylor, Omar Cook, and the greatest mystery of all-time, the legendary Lenny Cooke. I'm very interested in those kind of cases, and I'm sure if they documented the players' lives in the right way, the average fan or just the average person in general would be interested in tuning in.

9. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Voodoo Child @ Jun 13 2008, 06:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>There needs to be a tv show that tracks down the lives of all these players whose careers were very promising but were derailed for one reason or the other. You'd have guys like Chris Taft, Shaun Livingston, DeAngello Collins, Marcus Taylor, Omar Cook, and the greatest mystery of all-time, the legendary Lenny Cooke. I'm very interested in those kind of cases, and I'm sure if they documented the players' lives in the right way, the average fan or just the average person in general would be interested in tuning in.</div>

That would be a great show. There are a lot more of those players than ones who turn into NBA stars, that's for sure.

Let's not count out Shaun Livingston yet, though. He's only 22. Miracles can happen.

10. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

One of my friends said he saw him in Brooklyn a while ago. Remember him back in 2005 and the Knicks were rumored to like him before they fell in love with Frye. He wasn't too bad, he was just rumored to have low motivation.

What ever happened to Frank Williams though? No homo, but I was thinking about him the other day. He was supposed to be our answer at PG before Marbury. He was actually pretty decent when he got playing time.