Eric Gordon

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by AGGiE, May 29, 2008.

1. AGGiE

AGGiE Watching The Nets

Theres prolly a 10% chance of him being available at 10 but if he slips.. I'm on the bandwagon. Supposedly DeAndre Jordan got a promise from a "GM" of a top 5 promise. If this is true, someone will slip. I hope it's Gordon. This kid is a beast. Lights out shooter, 6'4 and build like a tank. Plus he is from Indiana.. where Lawrence Frank graduated from!

<div><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EmfGmmZ6LHA&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EmfGmmZ6LHA&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /></embed></object></div>

<div><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RhTAQwmDs3E&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RhTAQwmDs3E&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /></embed></object></div>

[​IMG]

2. gambitnut

gambitnut Freek

computer build instructor
    I agree on both counts. He won't slip to 10, and he would be a good pick for the Nets if he did slip somehow.

3. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>This kid is a beast. Lights out shooter, 6'4 and build like a tank.</div>

6'4" is a negative.

There is almost no way he will be there at 10. If he is, I'd have to wonder if there is something wrong with him.

4. J-HoAgZ

J-HoAgZ Jay-Z + LBJ = NBA TAKEOVER

If he slips that's great but I'm still not 100% sold on this kid. He's got questionable handles and turns the ball over a lot. Plus he absolutely sucked towards the end of the season. And I wouldn't worry about him being 6'4, he's only 19 so he's still growing. Although he does have a kind of stocky build to where he looks like he's done growing. IMO he's Ben Gordon.

5. Charles

Charles Buster Posey Fan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-HoAgZ @ May 30 2008, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If he slips that's great but I'm still not 100% sold on this kid. He's got questionable handles and turns the ball over a lot. Plus he absolutely sucked towards the end of the season. And I wouldn't worry about him being 6'4, he's only 19 so he's still growing. Although he does have a kind of stocky build to where he looks like he's done growing. IMO he's Ben Gordon.</div>

Two factors in his troubles late in the season-
    1. The coaching change at IU. The players LOVED Kelvin Sampson and were threatening to boycott if he wasn't their coach. They were not happy with Dan Dakich being named the head coach.
    2. He was playing injured. He had a lot of problems with his wrist.
    A lot of people forget those things when talking about him "sucking" at the end of the season.

Think about how valuable Ben Gordon would be if he were two inches taller. Eric Gordon has those two inches. He may be a little undersized for the two, but he's a scoring machine.

6. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    He reminds me of a mix between Ray allen & Brandon Roy [​IMG]