Chelsea warned off Milan's Kaka

Discussion in 'Chelsea FC' started by CelticKing, Jun 12, 2008.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Chelsea warned off Milan's Kaka

[​IMG]
    Scolari and Abramovich are reported to be keen to sign Kaka

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>AC Milan technical director Leonardo has warned new Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari that he has no hope of bringing Kaka to Stamford Bridge.

Scolari is expected to be handed a huge transfer kitty and the 26-year-old Kaka is said to be top of his wanted list.

"It's normal for a Brazilian coach to try to bring in Brazilian players," Leonardo told BBC Sport.

"But signing Kaka is impossible, because he is here at AC Milan and will be here until the end of his career."

Scolari takes over as Chelsea boss on 1 July and Leonardo, who played under him when he was Brazil coach, has backed the 59-year-old to be a big success.

"Chelsea need an important victory - they are looking to the Champions League," said Leonardo.

"Scolari won the World Cup with Brazil in 2002 and then took Portugal to the finals of the European Championships two years later. So I think he is a good appointment.

"Chelsea were the nearly team of European football last season. They came so close to the Champions League and Premier League.

"I think Scolari can bring something more to them, so they arrive at the right result next time."

Leonardo, who won the World Cup with Brazil in 1994, has backed Scolari to quickly get the players behind him at Stamford Bridge.

"He is a very, very enthusiastic coach and the relationships he has with his players are always very good," he said.

"If you talk with his players, they all like him, which is very important.

"He has a big personality, but at the same time tries to understand the players, how they want to play and how to put them in the best condition.

"We call his teams 'the family Scolari' because he always tries to create this relationship with his players.

"This will be very difficult at Chelsea, because of the different nationalities and different mentalities of football, but I think he has the qualities to bring this kind of feel to the club."

Scolari has developed a reputation as something of a hot-head during his coaching career, but Leonardo says the Brazilian has learnt how to control his temper.

"As a top coach, you need temper and personality, but you have to learn how to control that. Scolari has now done very well in this sense," added Leonardo.

"He has also enjoyed a lot of success, which has made him more patient.

"If you are Chelsea's coach, you have to deal with not only the English press but the international press and he has grown up so much in the way he deals with the press.

"In the beginning he had a lot of problems, because he says what he thinks.

"But he tries now to understand how to deal with the press, which is very important."</div>

2. man_u_barmy_army

man_u_barmy_army DYC Legend +Young Prodigy

its like the ronaldo thing it just isn't gonna happen

3. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (man_u_barmy_army @ Jun 13 2008, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>its like the ronaldo thing it just isn't gonna happen</div>

Kaka actually made some comments about ManU that were rather flattering recently.

-Petey

4. man_u_barmy_army

man_u_barmy_army DYC Legend +Young Prodigy

By my previous comment i meant speculation

5. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    Yeah, never gonna happen. Sorry everyone, I died briefly.