Kevin Garnett has done absolutely nothing in the Finals to silence his critics

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by GrandKenyon6, Jun 16, 2008.

1. GrandKenyon6

GrandKenyon6 Member

Kevin Garnett is truly the greatest 3 quarters player to ever play the game of basketball.

2. tim

tim Respect JPJ

If he wins the finals, which he probably will, his critics should shut up. He was a few votes away from winning his second MVP plus he already won the DPOY this year. He has shown enough to silence his critics as long as they close out the Lakers.

3. pegs

pegs My future wife.

I should stay out of this thread, before I get myself in trouble with Celtic fans :X

4. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

Lol, oh pegs.

5. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

I don't think KG will care what his critics say if he wins a ring.

6. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Jun 16 2008, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I should stay out of this thread, before I get myself in trouble with Celtic fans :X</div>
    Do you think we even care enough about your opinions for you to justify making a statement like this? If you have an opinion, state it. If not, then why even bother posting?

7. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

8. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Well, he's done a solid job of silencing critics....but he didn't help his cause by clanking 3 free throws in the 4th last night.

9. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

KG has been struggling in the Finals. He was better in the other series up to the Finals. He has been playing pretty good D, but Gasol also has been playing good D.

10. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thrilla @ Jun 16 2008, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Jun 16 2008, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I should stay out of this thread, before I get myself in trouble with Celtic fans :X</div>
    Do you think we even care enough about your opinions for you to justify making a statement like this? If you have an opinion, state it. If not, then why even bother posting?
    </div>

Because it's fun to get you all riled up over nothing [​IMG]

11. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

I love seeing what Pegs has to say. [​IMG]

But I agree he hasn't played a single good game in this series. Not sure whats bothering him, or if he's overwhelmed by being in the finals.

12. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

It's probably just the pressure. KG has always been known to disappear in these big games, so I'm not that surprised. To his credit though, his defense hasn't been that bad, he is doing a great job on the boards, if I remember correctly, but on offense, there are times when I don't even realize he is on the floor.

I don't think he is strong, mentally, when games come down to the wire, so I definitely wouldn't have any problem with the ball in his hands late in the fourth quarter. Like I said in the Lakers forum, KG is a great player, but when the game is winding down, I wouldn't trust him any more than I would trust Lamar Odom, which isn't a compliment by any means.

Even if he does win a championship this year, I guess I'd be happy because he has been through a lot, and instead of going crazy like Kobe did this offseason, he seemed to show some loyalty to the team that drafted him, and decided to stick with them no matter what. But the perception that KG disappears in big games, or that he cannot handle the pressure is still there. He hasn't done a great job this series squashing his critics by any means...

13. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    It's a really long season when you're a finals team. Garnett has been nothing short of spectacular all season long, but you don't want to see him take his game down a notch in the finals.

14. tim

tim Respect JPJ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 16 2008, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It's probably just the pressure. KG has always been known to disappear in these big games, so I'm not that surprised. To his credit though, his defense hasn't been that bad, he is doing a great job on the boards, if I remember correctly, but on offense, there are times when I don't even realize he is on the floor.

I don't think he is strong, mentally, when games come down to the wire, so I definitely wouldn't have any problem with the ball in his hands late in the fourth quarter. Like I said in the Lakers forum, KG is a great player, but when the game is winding down, I wouldn't trust him any more than I would trust Lamar Odom, which isn't a compliment by any means.

Even if he does win a championship this year, I guess I'd be happy because he has been through a lot, and instead of going crazy like Kobe did this offseason, he seemed to show some loyalty to the team that drafted him, and decided to stick with them no matter what. But the perception that KG disappears in big games, or that he cannot handle the pressure is still there. He hasn't done a great job this series squashing his critics by any means...</div>
    This is KG's statline of the second round game 7 in 2004, the last time he was in the playoffs:
    32 points, 21 rebounds, 5 blocks, 4 steals. The only Timberwolf to score a field goal in the 4th quarter...... pretty good game I think, and a pretty damn big one.

15. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I was just going to hone in on that. You need to back up such a bold statement.

16. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    KG being a high post player is my biggest problem with him. Not this "clutch" etc. stuff.

17. Really Lost One

The notion out there is that KG shys away during big games, or during crucial stretches of the game. I didn't create this thought, so don't blame me. All I'm saying is, he hasn't done anything to silence his critics (like the thread title mentions) by the way he has played the recent couple of games.

And also, when KG got fouled last night near the end of the fourth, I almost knew he was going to miss at least one free throw

18. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 16 2008, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The notion out there is that KG shys away during big games, or during crucial stretches of the game. I didn't create this thought, so don't blame me. All I'm saying is, he hasn't done anything to silence his critics (like the thread title mentions) by the way he has played the recent couple of games.

And also, when KG got fouled last night near the end of the fourth, I almost knew he was going to miss at least one free throw</div>

I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with you (that's a long debate I think, so I don't feel like having it now).

19. Really Lost One

Well I wasn't talking to you huevon, I wasn't directly talking to anyone, I don't think

20. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

KG is a cupcake, but Michael Wilbon brought up an interesting point that I agree with. KG doesn't have to be a "go to guy", because boston has other guys like Pierce, Allen, Sam, Posey, etc. to go to in the crunch. As long as he does his job on the defensive end (and he's done a fantastic job of that) then Boston will be fine..........but yeah he's definitely not the guy you want leading your team.