Magpies Sign Argentine Gutierrez

Discussion in 'England' started by Colonel Ronan, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    [​IMG]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Newcastle have signed Argentina winger Jonas Gutierrez from Real Mallorca on a five-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Gutierrez, 24, played in his country's 0-0 World Cup qualifier draw in Brazil last month and is Magpies manager Kevin Keegan's first major summer recruit.

"Jonas is a wonderful signing for us," said Keegan. "A lot of other clubs have been interested in him. He'll be a terrific addition to the squad.

"He's an exciting player and I'm sure our fans will enjoy watching him."

Gutierrez, who has been nicknamed 'Spiderman' because of the webbed mask he puts on for flamboyant goal celebrations, had previously been linked with a £10m move to Portsmouth.

"I cannot tell you how excited I am to be joining Newcastle United," he said.

"The Premier League is a great place to play and I cannot wait to meet my new team-mates and prove myself to the Newcastle United fans."

The player began his career with Velez Sarsfield in Argentina and won the league title with them in 2005 before heading for Spain where he scored five goals in 96 appearances for Real Mallorca.</div>

[Source]

Try typing that name fast.

2. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Good signing for Newcastle.