2009 Class - Wall, John

Discussion in 'Class of 2009' started by BasX, Jul 2, 2008.

1. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    Information
    Ranking
    College Choice
    Other Profiles

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  2. BasX

BasX I Win

my first profile, kinda a try to see how it looks, info will be added later

feedback?

3. tim

tim Respect JPJ

I like this. Keep this up. Why are some of the schools in bold?

4. BasX

BasX I Win

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tim @ Jul 2 2008, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I like this. Keep this up. Why are some of the schools in bold?</div>
    lol i forgot to add that, its team who have made him a offer

5. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Oklahoma State is the current team to beat for Wall, with Kentucky likely running #2 for now.

6. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

I hope he stays in Raleigh and plays for NC State. I might even go to one of his games to check it out since I will be close cuz of school. Sidney Lowe, nc state's bball coach has visited him frequently last year, but being that he is on a pretty hot seat, It might take him being fired and a star coach being hired for Wall to come to nc state.

7. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Rumored to be close to committing to Baylor. Expect a commitment next week.

8. BasX

BasX I Win

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The recruitment of John Wall, Rivals.com's No. 1 prospect in the class of 2009, is coming close to an end.

Wall's travel team coach - Dwon Clifton of D-One Sports - will officially be named Director of Player Development at Baylor University on Friday, according to multiple sources close to the situation.

Wall is a 6-foot-4, 184-pound point guard out of Raleigh (N.C.) Word of God Christian Academy. He is expected to announce his college decision early next week according to Brian Clifton, the director of D-One Sports and Dwon Clifton's older brother.

Naturally, Wall is expected to follow his travel team coach to Baylor.

This development is somewhat surprising considering many news outlets erroneously reported last week - during the travel team tournaments in Las Vegas - that Dwon Clifton and Wall were destined for Oklahoma State.

Baylor apparently was not the only school pursuing Clifton as a coach. According to a source close to the situation, Dwon Clifton was offered coaching positions by other Big 12 schools as well as schools in the Big East and SEC.

Clifton played collegiate basketball at Clemson and then later at North Carolina-Greensboro before playing professionally in Portugal.</div>

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/con....asp?CID=832374

9. BasX

BasX I Win

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>According to a report in the Raleigh News and Observer, Baylor head coach Scott Drew recently hired Dwon Clifton as director of player development for the basketball program. Clifton also serves as the head coach of the AAU club D-One Sports on which ESPN 100 guard John Wall plays.

ESPN.com's recruiting director Bob Gibbons says this turn of events bodes well for the Bears in their recruitment of Wall.

"I don't think anyone would be surprised if John Wall announced for Baylor soon," Gibbons said. "John is very comfortable with Dwon, and Baylor was already on Wall's list."

The 6-foot-4 point guard has offers from nearly every high-major progra in the country, including, Memphis, N.C. State, Oklahoma State, Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio State.</div>

10. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Sick video of him: [video=youtube;v4psLTfvZEs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4psLTfvZEs[/video]

His teammate CJ Leslie (2010) is commited to NC State. I still think he will stay in Raleigh and go to state.

11. La Bomba

La Bomba The Future

Wall has Derick Rose like athleticism. If Tyreke Evans leaves I see him coming to Memphis. Ether way it's a win-win situation.

12. BasX

BasX I Win

Updated one for a player without a team.