2009 Class - Williams, Shawn [LOI - TEXAS]

Discussion in 'Class of 2009' started by BasX, Jul 10, 2008.

1. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    Information
    Ranking
    College Choices
    Other Profiles

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  2. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Small forward Shawn Williams, ranked No. 38 overall in the class of 2009 ESPN 100, has committed to Texas over Baylor, Arkansas and UCLA . The 6-foot-6 Williams, who averaged 19.6 points and 9.5 rebounds as a junior, also held offers from Florida and Kentucky, among many others.

"Persistent hard work paid off for head coach Rick Barnes and his Longhorns staff, as their constant pursuit of the highly rated Williams resulted in a commitment last (Thursday) night," said ESPN.com's recruiting director Bob Gibbons. "Barnes and his staff were at all the events that Williams played in during the July evaluation period."

Gibbons says Williams was a must-see all summer long.

"This athletically gifted, sweet-stroking wing player was outstanding at my Tournament of Champions in May, as well as the NBPA Top 100 camp in June and during July playing for his Texas Select team at the Adidas Take Five Classic in Cincinnnati and the Adidas Super 64 in Las Vegas," Gibbons said.

Williams told ESPN.com his family played a big role in his decision.

"My family helped me make my decision," he said. "We just felt that Texas was the ideal school for me because of location, opportunity and how hard they worked to make me feel that they really wanted me. I really want to play my college basketball for coach Barnes."

Williams becomes the first recruit for Texas in the class of 2009</div>