2009 Class - Spurlock, Tristan [VERBAL - VIRGINIA]

Discussion in 'Class of 2009' started by BasX, Jul 10, 2008.

1. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    Information
    Ranking

Interested

Other Profiles

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  2. BasX

BasX I Win

<span style="color:red">BREAKING NEWS</span>
    Spurlock has commited to Virginia. More details to follow

3. BasX

BasX I Win

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The stress level had been building up for Tristan Spurlock. The 6-foot-7, 215-pound SF has had recruiting on his mind, and late Wednesday evening he opted to end it, by committing to Virginia.
    “I feel like weight has been lifted off me,” Spurlock told Scout.com just minutes after committing to Dave Leitao and his staff.

“It has been a little [stressful],” the 14th ranked small forward said of the recruiting process. “It’s like you got two girls for one date and you keep going back and forth between both of them.”

Spurlock, who is ranked No. 60 overall, picked Virginia over interest from Georgetown, Clemson, Louisville, Maryland, Villanova and Wake Forest.

“It wasn’t like a good feeling or anything, but they’ve been on me the longest and the support they’ve been showing me since day one of my freshman year,” Spurlock said. “They were my first piece of mail and they’ve been consistent the whole way.”

“They’ve said I was the guy they wanted and they’ve been honest with me about the other recruits they were looking,” he continued. “They were honest with me every step of the way. They know me as a player and they know what type of player they’re getting.”

Spurlock played alongside UVA commit Jontel Evans during the summer with Boo Williams. The two grew close and even were roommates on some trips. When Evans committed UVA, he made sure to start recruiting Spurlock.

“Me and Bub (Jontel Evans) talk almost every day,” Spurlock said. “When he actually committed to UVA he gave me a little bit of a nudge.”

Spurlock, a four-star prospect, and Evans make up the Cavaliers current 2009</div>

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/779167.html