DAL, MIA, PHX, SA, CHA all Interested in Artest?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by CelticKing, Jul 12, 2008.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

DAL, MIA, PHX, SA, CHA all Interested in Artest?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>If they are to convince the Lakers to take back forward Kenny Thomas in a deal in which Artest would be LA-bound and Lamar Odom would come to Sacramento, they need Turiaf to head for the Bay Area. The Lakers are already near the luxury tax and not looking to go any further, and they may buy into the logic that Thomas - who turns 31 on July 25 - could provide quality defensive-minded minutes off the bench just like Turiaf did.

With the chance to get out of Sacramento and his invisible existence, Thomas may even do a few dances courtside like the jovial Turiaf has been known for. Thomas is owed approximately $18 over the next two seasons, so the lump sum is about equal with Turiaf's offer sheet (albeit in two less seasons). It's the price of doing business if they want to acquire the underpaid Artest ($7.4 million).

Meanwhile, the many who can't envision a Lakers-Kings blockbuster trade of any kind have a valid point. It would go against the NBA grain, but it should be said that any and all theories that the Maloofs simply wouldn't let it happen couldn't be further from the truth. They will pull the trigger if they get what they want.

If not, they'll hope to make something happen with someone else. Among the teams I've been told to keep a serious eye on in the Artest sweepstakes: Dallas, Miami, Phoenix, San Antonio and maybe even Charlotte. I often wonder about Toronto as well, but have yet to hear anything substantial on that front.</div>

2. DLee7283

DLee7283 Bond, James Bond

student
    Ron Artest will definately be moved before the deadline but i doubt he will be moved this offseason

As for the 4 teams you mentioned here is my opinion on each situation

Dallas- Artest would probably be a good fit in Dallas to offset Dirks lack of D come crunch time but the Kings only want Josh Howard for Artest and anyone in their right mind knows Howard has more upside and trade value and has less baggage.

Miami-Interesting Scenario, im guessing Marion would have to be involved, I could see B.Miller and Artest for Marion and Blount but I dont think Spencer Hawes is ready yet to start.

Phoenix- I don't see the suns having anything they would trade that the kings would want. I dont think Diaw,Bell or Barbosa are what they are looking for

SA- Artest could definately but SA back in the contender mode more than they already are but would the Kings want Bowen who is aging? I dont see them trading Ginobili for Artest unless Kevin Martin is involved which would be insane to do.