Va Tech's New Uni's

Discussion in 'College Football' started by JCB, Jul 19, 2008.

1. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Eh, I don't like them that much. I think the road one's are okay, but the home is just bleh. The orange stripe is fugly; should be white, IMO, with an orange outline.

2. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

those are different?

3. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Last year . . .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

now that i see both side by side, i must ask....those are different?

5. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

btw, I see the differences....just not enough in my opinion to take pictures and release it to the press

6. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef @ Jul 19 2008, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>btw, I see the differences....just not enough in my opinion to take pictures and release it to the press</div>

There are a lot of differences. The side stripe that also runs up and covers the sleeve is the most obvious. But there are no longer any outlines to the v-neck and the sleeves. The outline of the numbers on both jersey's is now different. The font for the numbers is different. The numbers are no longer displayed on the sleeves. And the stripes along the chest and shoulders of the old jersey are no longer. It's the subtleties that count. And honestly, they're not very subtle, IMO.

And fwiw, I don't think these pictures were actually released to any press yet. I haven't read a press release about the change like Cincy had earlier. Someone just posted them on rivals.

7. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

and yet the colors continue to be a very bland mix of crap, and the changes do not stand out without studying the unis....

WAS: [​IMG]

IS NOW:[​IMG]

adding chives doesnt change the fact that there aint no gravy and the potatoes are lumpy....

8. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef @ Jul 19 2008, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>and yet the colors continue to be a very bland mix of crap, and the changes do not stand out without studying the unis....

adding chives doesnt change the fact that there aint no gravy and the potatoes are lumpy....</div>

Again, it's the subtleties that make the difference. And I'm not denying the colors are horrible. I believe I even stated so in my original post regarding the new stripe.

9. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

I think the old ones are better.

10. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Heres my issue....this is about one color, and that color is green....Im so sick of teams changing the angle of the stripe on thier home unis and expecting us all to run to Sports Authority and slap down $65 for a new jersey....I have one message for all teams that do that: FUCK YOU!!! Pick a home jersey, pick an away jersey, wear them in the appropriate venues, you can change them once every 50 years....

11. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef @ Jul 19 2008, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Heres my issue....this is about one color, and that color is green....Im so sick of teams changing the angle of the stripe on thier home unis and expecting us all to run to Sports Authority and slap down $65 for a new jersey....I have one message for all teams that do that: FUCK YOU!!! Pick a home jersey, pick an away jersey, wear them in the appropriate venues, you can change them once every 50 years....</div>

I think the Dolphins and Raiders have made no noticeable changes to thier jerseys. Oakland has only had those jerseys since the 60's though.

12. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

the Dolphins changed the emblem in the 90s....most NFL teams remain pretty stable, making only major changes occasionally....NCAA teams make tons of subtle changes and NBA teams are the worst....the Magic have had like 20 unis in 20 years

13. The Return of the Raider

So far, the new uni's have been bad luck.