NBA GM Draft Discussion

Discussion in 'GM Draft 1' started by ZAE, Jul 25, 2008.

1. ZAE

ZAE Active Member

Student
    The draft board and trade threads will be up momentarily.

<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#ff0000">

***REMINDER: Please PM the person that selects after you to notify them it is their turn to pick.</span></span>

2. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

Anyone want my 27th pick and my 34th pick for their

example:
    10th + 51st pick?
    15th + 46th pick?
    20th + 41st pick?

3. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Will we implement any "night" rules for this? So nobody's pick is skipped at like 4 in the morning?

Also, I'm interested in moving up in the first round; somewhere in the 10-15 range. PM me.

4. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JCB @ Jul 25 2008, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Will we implement any "night" rules for this? So nobody's pick is skipped at like 4 in the morning?

Also, I'm interested in moving up in the first round; somewhere in the 10-15 range. PM me.</div>
    Only makes sense, it is pretty messed up if people are expected to wake up halfway through there sleep just in case 3 people draft during it and the 6 hour limits passes lol.

5. ace

ace Member

Student
    I got the 21st pick. Looking to move up.

6. kk30

kk30 Member

should we post our picks in the nba draft selection thread.

should we pm the guy after us that we picked?

7. ace

ace Member

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kk30 @ Jul 25 2008, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>should we post our picks in the nba draft selection thread.

should we pm the guy after us that we picked?</div>
    Yes & yes

8. ZAE

ZAE Active Member

Student
    I'm going to give lukewarm until 8:00 am EST to pick because he signed off before he knew the draft was going to start. After he picks we'll go to the normal 6 hour pick limit.

What do you guys think the night pick limit should be? Anyone that goes on the clock after 10:00 pm will get until 8:00 am the next morning to pick?

9. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZAE @ Jul 25 2008, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm going to give lukewarm until 8:00 am EST to pick because he signed off before he knew the draft was going to start. After he picks we'll go to the normal 6 hour pick limit.

What do you guys think the night pick limit should be? Anyone that goes on the clock after 10:00 pm will get until 8:00 am the next morning to pick?</div>

Is this stuff Eastern time? I sure as hell know I'm not gonna wake up @ 5 in the morning if I don't know it's my pick. Is there a system where we can leave a list of players with someone to make our pick?

10. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Make sure everyone PMs the next person that is on the clock. The more PMs the better.

And good luck to everyone.

11. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lavalamp @ Jul 25 2008, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone want my 27th pick and my 34th pick for their

example:
    10th + 51st pick?
    15th + 46th pick?
    20th + 41st pick?</div>

Im the 27th pick mate.

12. ZAE

ZAE Active Member

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J_Ray @ Jul 26 2008, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZAE @ Jul 25 2008, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm going to give lukewarm until 8:00 am EST to pick because he signed off before he knew the draft was going to start. After he picks we'll go to the normal 6 hour pick limit.

What do you guys think the night pick limit should be? Anyone that goes on the clock after 10:00 pm will get until 8:00 am the next morning to pick?</div>

Is this stuff Eastern time? I sure as hell know I'm not gonna wake up @ 5 in the morning if I don't know it's my pick. Is there a system where we can leave a list of players with someone to make our pick?
    </div>

Yes, everything will be in Eastern time. You can leave a list of players with any mod that is participating the the draft and we will pick the highest ranked player you listed that is available.

13. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Claud @ Jul 26 2008, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lavalamp @ Jul 25 2008, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone want my 27th pick and my 34th pick for their

example:
    10th + 51st pick?
    15th + 46th pick?
    20th + 41st pick?</div>

Im the 27th pick mate.

</div>
    lol, ur right, I'm 26th and 35th.

14. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

Anyone want my 5th round pick and 8th round pick for their 6th and 7th round picks?

15. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ace @ Jul 25 2008, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I got the 21st pick. Looking to move up.</div>

Why?

Last year I got Chris Paul with the 23rd pick.

Maybe you should move down.

16. User01

User01 GOAT

I'm gonna pick a bunch of young guys who are gonna be great in a year or two, so I can go back and say that I had a team with all those guys on it.

17. ghoti

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (User01 @ Jul 26 2008, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm gonna pick a bunch of young guys who are gonna be great in a year or two, so I can go back and say that I had a team with all those guys on it.</div>

<u>Charlotte Bobcats</u> - ghoti
    C - Chris Kaman/Kendrick Perkins/Andrew Bynum
    PF - Chris Bosh/Nick Collison
    SF - Josh Smith/Jumaine Jones/Viktor Khryapa
    SG - J.R. Smith/Francisco Garcia
    PG - Luke Ridnour/Sarunas Jasikevicius/Orien Greene

Picked in August, 2005.

There's a few misses in there, but I think I could swing a deal for a decent PG. [​IMG]

18. ace

ace Member

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ghoti @ Jul 26 2008, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ace @ Jul 25 2008, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I got the 21st pick. Looking to move up.</div>

Why?

</div>
    Tim Duncan, Kobe [​IMG]

19. ghoti

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ace @ Jul 26 2008, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ghoti @ Jul 26 2008, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ace @ Jul 25 2008, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I got the 21st pick. Looking to move up.</div>

Why?

</div>
    Tim Duncan, Kobe [​IMG]
    </div>

Tim Duncan is very possibly going to be available with your pick. Do your own mock and see where you put him.

20. lukewarmplay

lukewarmplay Hired Goons

Lava, in general, if you're getting a better spot you give something up later in the draft to make it worthwhile. Nobody's just going to swap places with you. That said, nobody wants the first pick?