Todd Watkins

Discussion in 'AFC West' started by The Return of the Raider, Jul 28, 2008.

1. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

This undrafted WR out of BYU has been lighting it up so far in training camp. He didn't play at all last season, but looks to finally crack the roster now. We shall see.

http://oak.scout.com/2/772925.html

2. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

What does the Oakland WR situation look like?

IOW, could you name me the "locks", then the guys most likely to make the roster, and then how many you think Oakland will carry?

3. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vintage @ Jul 28 2008, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What does the Oakland WR situation look like?

IOW, could you name me the "locks", then the guys most likely to make the roster, and then how many you think Oakland will carry?</div>

I think they end up keeping 8 of these guys:

There are 5 guaranteed locks at this point.

Walker - already proved talent, will be ready.
    Drew Carter - Already become Russell's favorite receiver. This is mostly due to Walker being away for much of the mini camp stuff.
    Ronald Curry - Has had much playing time for Oakland in years past, is returning this year both stronger *and* lighter. This guy is a playmaker from time to time, and can also play QB.
    Johnny Lee Higgans - last years punt returner/WR. Looks like he is the incumbant PR 4 days into camp. Can't really see us dumping him.
    Arman Shields - Was at the top of all combine categories this year, and Kiffin keeps telling us how much he loves him. Lots of potential with this rook. Besides, his last name is "Shields" (helmet logo)

on the bubble:
    Todd Watkins - playing his way in, could get on the team this season.
    Jonathan Holland - Showing some things in camp.
    Drisan James - not so much.
    Chris McFoy - USC guy. Does that count for anything?
    Marcel Reece - pretty quiet
    Chaz Schilens - lots of competition in front of him

4. Vintage

I mean on the 53 man roster (not 53 +P.S.)

Or are you predicting 8 on the 53 man roster?

5. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vintage @ Jul 28 2008, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I mean on the 53 man roster (not 53 +P.S.)

Or are you predicting 8 on the 53 man roster?</div>

Probably 9 with 53 + PS. At least 7 will be on the 53-man roster.

6. The Return of the Raider

If we started today, Reece and James would be my odd-men-out.

7. Vintage

At least 7 on the 53 man roster?

Most teams carry 5 or 6 at most.

8. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vintage @ Jul 28 2008, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>At least 7 on the 53 man roster?

Most teams carry 5 or 6 at most.</div>

True, we have two guys with frequent injury: Walker and Curry. I like the insurance.

9. The Return of the Raider

10. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

The name rings a bell but I can't place him.

I could swear the Raiders either drafted or signed a Tall WR out of Utah... Madsen, I believe, is who I'm thinking of? I doubt he's still around. If so, he may have been converted to TE/H-back... He goes about 6'5" 230.

11. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thoth @ Jul 28 2008, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The name rings a bell but I can't place him.

I could swear the Raiders either drafted or signed a Tall WR out of Utah... Madsen, I believe, is who I'm thinking of? I doubt he's still around. If so, he may have been converted to TE/H-back... He goes about 6'5" 230.</div>

Madsen (TE) is still around. He's behind Miller on the depth chart. Seems like the Raiders always have 1-2 Utah players on the roster at any given time.

12. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider @ Jul 28 2008, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thoth @ Jul 28 2008, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The name rings a bell but I can't place him.

I could swear the Raiders either drafted or signed a Tall WR out of Utah... Madsen, I believe, is who I'm thinking of? I doubt he's still around. If so, he may have been converted to TE/H-back... He goes about 6'5" 230.</div>

Madsen (TE) is still around. He's behind Miller on the depth chart. Seems like the Raiders always have 1-2 Utah players on the roster at any given time.
    </div>

Is Barry Sims (OT) still around... yet another Utah man.

13. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thoth @ Jul 28 2008, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider @ Jul 28 2008, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thoth @ Jul 28 2008, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The name rings a bell but I can't place him.

</div>

Is Barry Sims (OT) still around... yet another Utah man.
    </div>

Heh, he's a 49er now, and Kwame Harris is a Raider. I will talk about that in the OL thread soon to come.

14. The Return of the Raider

Todd watch:

T. Watkins 3 rec 39 yards 13.0 avg 19 longest