Brock Lesnar vs. Heath Herring

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by BJJ Team, Jul 28, 2008.

1. BJJ Team

BJJ Team Member

I know there are a lot of guys that are on the Brock Lesner bandwagon. I think he will be a great fighter one day by not yet. Especially versus an experienced fighter like Herring.

We still do not know if Lesner can go past the first round.

If Herring can avoid the takedowns and keep this striking he will win. Plus Herring has underestimated grappling

So for me i am picking Herring to win this fight

Read my MMA Preview

http://www.fighting-mma.com/mma-matchups/2...ath-herring.php

2. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

Good write up.
    I see your point and think this is a tough fight to call.

The thing is Herring looked pathetic in his UFC debut against a solid wrestler in Jake O'Brien who lay and prayed his way to a win over the texas crazy horse.

I think many ppl are thinking Lesnar is a much better wrestler than O'Brien and way more stronger and thus can win this fight because Herring has bad take down defense.

I can see this fight going either way, because Lesnar is such a freak athlete and actually looked impressive vs Mir until his mistake.

3. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

I'm picking Herring myself.

[​IMG]

4. BJJ Team

BJJ Team Member

I also think this fight can go either way

I am picking on this fight which is based on the online betting odds

Herring is a huge underdog at +205 which means if you bet 100 on Herring you get $205 but you have to bet $255 on Lesner you get just to get 100

This fight is a toss up but betting wise the pick to make on a betting angle

Plus he does have a shot and if yo ucan make money on a fight why not go for Herring

The betting lines are only the way they are becasue Lesner is a big name not because hei s better

5. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Good analogy there BJJ Team.

Also Lesnar needs to lose a match IMO to get better and get more experienced. I think this match will be that loss. (I could be wrong though lol)

6. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

I think if Herring can't land a submission on him (just standup or wrestling), I think Lesnar will take him down and land blows on him.

If Lesnar can learn how to avoid submissions. Because it is hard to defend against his takedowns.

7. BJJ Team

BJJ Team Member

lavalamp where u get that shirt

i assume you are a SEO guy

8. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BJJ Team @ Jul 28 2008, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>lavalamp where u get that shirt

i assume you are a SEO guy</div>
    I have no clue where the shirt came from. I'm not the guy in the picture, a member named Heuvon found it and I thought it was a good avatar pic.

9. Chocolove

Chocolove Active Member

Brock Lesnar is just gonna bully his way to a victory in this match. Brock was on his way to dominating Frank Mir until he got caught. I don't Herring is gonna catch Lesnar in any sort of heel hook or knee bar.

10. BJJ Team

BJJ Team Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lavalamp @ Jul 28 2008, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BJJ Team @ Jul 28 2008, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>lavalamp where u get that shirt

i assume you are a SEO guy</div>
    I have no clue where the shirt came from. I'm not the guy in the picture, a member named Heuvon found it and I thought it was a good avatar pic.
    </div>

oh ok the shirt says Matt Cutts who is the main guy at Google to determine page rank and ranking of sites on Google

11. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Boo. Brock Lesnar. Go Herring.