Rampage Update

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by Mamba, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I'm way too lazy to go back to the site, I believe it was cage potato or something like that, but they had an update on Jackson.

They said that his trainer and him did indeed have a falling out and Jackson fired him, and the long time friend of Jackson who gave the info to the site said the primary issue was over money. I also recall Jackson saying that he had a horrible training camp up to the Forrest fight.

It also said that Jackson is in an out-patient program daily and still says weird things, but is making much progress.

It stated that the UFC is trying to get Jackson in the ring in November against Wanderlei for a third time. Honestly, this is just my opinion, I don't think you should feed Rampage such a big fight right now. Give him a feeder fish that he can demolish, just to get his confidence back up and then set up a big showdown with The Axe Murderer in the early part of next year.

2. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Black Mamba @ Jul 29 2008, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It stated that the UFC is trying to get Jackson in the ring in November against Wanderlei for a third time. Honestly, this is just my opinion, I don't think you should feed Rampage such a big fight right now. Give him a feeder fish that he can demolish, just to get his confidence back up and then set up a big showdown with The Axe Murderer in the early part of next year.</div>
    I'd agree with that. If Rampage is too stressed out right now, he could use a lesser opponent to help his moral.

3. Chocolove

Chocolove Active Member

His trainer is that Juanito fella right? anyways, I agree the Wanderlei fight might be a little too big right now but whos to say Jackson won't be back to his normal self in November.

4. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

You guys talking about his next opponent know Jackson is probably going to prison, right?

5. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

^ What kind of sentence do you think he'll get Speeds?

Maybe a year?

6. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I doubt he does any jail time. If so, it'll be minimal. Keifer Sutherland did something like 48 days for driving while on probation from a previous DUI arrest.

I think Rampage will get a slap on the wrist, a fine, probation, and some community service.