Official: Olsen seeks immunity in Ledger probe

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by NJNetz, Aug 4, 2008.

1. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>NEW YORK - Federal investigators want to question Mary-Kate Olsen about how Heath Ledger got two powerful painkillers that contributed to his accidental overdose death, but she's refusing to talk without immunity, a law enforcement official said Monday.

Olsen's lawyer has twice refused requests for her to speak with investigators, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing. The lawyer, Michael C. Miller, said the "Full House" actress has nothing to do with the drugs, and has already told the government everything she knows.

"We have provided the government with relevant information including facts in the chronology of events surrounding Mr. Ledger's death," Miller said in a statement Monday, "and the fact that Ms. Olsen does not know the source of the drugs Mr. Ledger consumed."

The official confirmed a report that Olsen wants a promise of immunity from prosecution before speaking to the Drug Enforcement Administration. Olsen was a close friend of Ledger's, and was the first person called by a masseuse who found the 28-year-old "Dark Knight" actor's lifeless body in his Manhattan apartment.</div>
    Source

2. pegs

pegs My future wife.

I wanna know what she's hiding.

Did she know he was gonna kill himself, and simply didn't stop him?

Or does she just want attention?

3. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Aug 4 2008, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I wanna know what she's hiding.

Or does she just want attention?</div>
    I can't see how she would know that he was going to kill himself since Ledger didn't know he was going to kill himself. It was an accidental suicide. There have been no indications that he killed himself on purpose.

I'm not sure what shes hiding either but I'm guessing its got more to do with her own drug use. Isn't Mary-Kate the Olsen twin who had all kinds of drug problems?

4. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Run BJM @ Aug 4 2008, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Aug 4 2008, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I wanna know what she's hiding.

Or does she just want attention?</div>
    I can't see how she would know that he was going to kill himself since Ledger didn't know he was going to kill himself. It was an accidental suicide. There have been no indications that he killed himself on purpose.

I'm not sure what shes hiding either but I'm guessing its got more to do with her own drug use. Isn't Mary-Kate the Olsen twin who had all kinds of drug problems?
    </div>

Well, I'm actually saying...what if she knew that it actually wasn't an accidental suicide? Or what if it was her drugs? [​IMG]

Haha idk, she prolly just wants attention

5. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

Attention over such a sensitive matter is unnecessary.

6. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

She probably gave him the drugs, or gave him the number of a dealer that she uses.

7. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    Yes, I heard she gave him some prescription drugs and just didn't want to get in trouble with the Cops.

8. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

If she's the one that had all those drug/anorexia problems, it might be just her being cautious about probation or something.

9. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

What was Ledge doing with Mary Kate? I'm sure he wanted to do his own like run of "Full House"!

-Petey