Warriors' 08-09 Schedule released

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Run BJM, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Here.

Kind of odd how we got 8 national TV games even though we're looking at a worse team than we've had the last year or two.

2. Legacy

Legacy Beast

That's what I thought too. Looks like we will be playing the Lakers in our last one.

3. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Who's complaining, though. 8 national games is great!

4. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

The Warriors play a BUNCH of road games from like November 23 until January 10th. Then they get a long stretch of home games. In that Nov. 23 to Jan 10 stretch, 7 games are played at home and 19 on the road. That seems kind of brutal. The talent of those teams that they will play in October and November seem to be games that the Warriors could compete and get some W's in.

Since I don't really know what to expect from this team in the upcoming season, it's hard to make too many predictions. It seems like there is just a bunch of parity. I guess it will depend on how the new roster clicks. Being on the road a bunch is probably going to help with the team bonding.

5. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clif25 @ Aug 7 2008, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Warriors play a BUNCH of road games from like November 23 until January 10th. Then they get a long stretch of home games. In that Nov. 23 to Jan 10 stretch, 7 games are played at home and 19 on the road. That seems kind of brutal. The talent of those teams that they will play in October and November seem to be games that the Warriors could compete and get some W's in.

Since I don't really know what to expect from this team in the upcoming season, it's hard to make too many predictions. It seems like there is just a bunch of parity. I guess it will depend on how the new roster clicks. Being on the road a bunch is probably going to help with the team bonding.</div>

True, that will be a tough test, it's early in the season so hopefully they have time to gel, and get Hendrix and Randolph a little PT before hand, so they can have a deeper bench to deal with the extra exhaustion of all the traveling.

On a good note, they have some nice homestands, too. Starting 01/11 they have 7 straight games at home. Then, the month of February is nice too, as 8 out of 10 games are at home.

It looks like January might be the money month -- they get 8 out of 14 at home, and play teams including Minny, Portland, Indy, Sac, Atlanta, Wash, Cleveland, and the Clippers.

But really, in the West now, there are no money months. It used to be that you could find at least one month where they play a stretch of weaker teams, but now every month has top-level teams everywhere because the W is so tough. NO, San Antonio, Houston, Lakers, Utah, Dallas, Phoenix, they're everywhere!

6. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

Other than EC vs. WC, I don't think schedules matter all that much, every team has some rough spots and every team has some easier stretches. Warriors need to be better at getting up for back ends of back to back games this year, they have been horrible at that the last few years (OK I'm going to contradict myself because it does seem like the Warriors drew a lot of elite teams on the back ends of those last year, although I haven't actually confirmed that).

EDIT: Just heard on KNBR this morning that for 2008-09, the Warriors have the fewest back-to-backs scheduled since they moved to the west coast.