What about Dajuan Wagner?

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by Netted, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Netted

Netted Member

We need another 2 guard scorer. Could be worth a camp invite to duke it out with Hodge.

I read this article: Wagner waits for call from the NBA. Appears he's finally healthy. Only 25 years old.

2. pegs

pegs My future wife.

I dunno. He's strictly a scorer, pretty much. I don't think that's the player we necessarily need.

3. Ryan

Ryan BBW Member

He's not the scorer he used to be either. He was invited to the WArriors camp last year, supposedly finally healthy and 100%, but was not near as explosive as when he was at Memphis.

4. Netted

Netted Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Aug 12 2008, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I dunno. <u>He's strictly a scorer</u>, pretty much. I don't think that's the player we necessarily need.</div>
    How many of those do we have? I only know of one.

5. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Netted @ Aug 12 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Aug 12 2008, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I dunno. <u>He's strictly a scorer</u>, pretty much. I don't think that's the player we necessarily need.</div>
    </div>

I'd rather acquire a good playmaker, so that he can make others better scorers. It's just that those are hard to find now.

Billy Edelin's always available.

6. Netted

Netted Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Aug 12 2008, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Netted @ Aug 12 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Aug 12 2008, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I dunno. <u>He's strictly a scorer</u>, pretty much. I don't think that's the player we necessarily need.</div>
    </div>

I'd rather acquire a good playmaker, so that he can make others better scorers. It's just that those are hard to find now.

Billy Edelin's always available.
    </div>
    This position is barely going to play. It's 15th man, but if he finally realizes his potential he'd be a good pick-up.

I think it's going to be Hodge, but I'd like to see some competition there.

7. Dark Defender

Dark Defender The Dark Passenger

Part-Time Intern, Full Time Student
    I would give a chance to Hodge over Wagner.

If Hodge pans out, we could be looking at a Boris Diaw lite type player. If Wagner pans out, we are looking at Ricky Davis.

8. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

Both Hodge and Wagner are not the players they were in college because of gunshot wounds (Hodge) or a major medical condition (Wagner).

Hodge might make the rotation. The more likely scenario is that he is 12th man or cut. Depends on his jumpshot.

9. nets1

nets1 Member

Wagner i remember him, what was the story on him?

10. tim

tim Respect JPJ

He was a freakishly good high school prospect who left after only one year of college. I believe he had injury troubles which is what led him to his downfall.

11. Netted

Netted Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tim @ Aug 14 2008, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He was a freakishly good high school prospect who left after only one year of college. I believe he had injury troubles which is what led him to his downfall.</div>
    Not injury, more of an illness. He had colitis.