Looking for Additional Moderators

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by nfl-forums, Dec 19, 2003.

1. nfl-forums

nfl-forums nfl-*****s member

Hello all!

I wanted to welcome all the new members to NFL Forums that recently joined. Here's to hoping that you continue to enjoy the forums.

I am looking for a few more moderators for the forum. I am thinking of having one moderator for each category of forums. If you would like to be a moderator, please e-mail me at mark@towersearch.com.

The rules are pretty simple and follow below:

-Excessive swearing...I don't mind the occassional vulgarity in a post (this is football, afterall). However if someone is obviously just looking to get away with saying words that would make their mother blush, then a little editing should be done.
    -Excessive personal attacks. Part of the fun of forums can be arguing it out with another member, but if it gets personal and to the point where no one else wants to contribute, feel free to step in.
    -Advertising. I have had problems with this so far...people coming in and posting "Visit http://www.myforum.com". They need to contribute to the discussion or start a discussion. If their site is mentioned in the discussion, so be it. Otherwise, feel free to delete the post.
    -If you feel that someone needs to be banned, let me know first.

Overall I will trust your opinions.

Also, if you have any suggestions, please feel free to send me an e-mail as well.

2. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

I'd like to see each team have a moderator and then an overall moderator. I think that makes the most sense. I nominate TD4TD for the Broncos Moderator, Beef for the Dolphins, 4thNLONGFELLOW for the Bears, Cowboy71 for the Cowboys, & kcgsc as the Chiefs mod. I'm not sure about the Raiders. Send em back Al, and RTR can fight it out... [​IMG]

Any takers?

3. nfl-forums

That sounds like a good structure.

TD4TD, Beef, 4thNLONGFELLOW, Cowboy71, and kcgsc, if you would like to be moderators, please let me know and I will set you up today.

4. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

So glad I did not get the nod for Miami moderator. The power would've gone straight to my head and it probably would've been worse than the other sight? ha ha.

5. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

BA hahaha I don't think that is possible. I'll be the moderator for the Pats forum since I believe I'm the only pats fan so far. I sent an emial to you about it Admin.

6. Steelerfan_2005

Sorry Pats, I knew I'd forget someone. You know you have my vote!

7. pbvikingplayer

pbvikingplayer nfl-*****s member

I know a lot about the vikings, i would love to be the vikings moderator, either me or vikingfan i think would be good

8. Steelerfan_2005

As for you BA, I can't have your head swelled. You won't fit in this forum if that would happen. j/k brother, If you'd like to moderate a forum, by all means, thebeef has asked me to talk to the admin earlier about moderating the Dolphins forum, so I thought he would be great and recommended him on his voluntary action.

9. pbvikingplayer

whoa, am i a moderator now, i just saw moderator appear under my name, that was quick

10. nfl-forums

I aim to please. [​IMG]

11. pbvikingplayer

12. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

ill be the eagles. under my name u can put PROUD EAGLES FAN/MODERATOR, or just moderator would due.

13. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

I will defer the option of Oakland Forum moderator to Send Em Back Al. If he doesn't want that, then I will gladly accept.

14. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Geez, I go out an run a few errands and people I never even heard of are moderators. SF, if it's okay can we run a background check before we elect any Falcon moderators?

15. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

It would be my pleasure to moderate the KC forum. Hey TD now you have to watch what you say in my house. lol!

16. Steelerfan_2005

Dale... bud... anyone outside of our circle will be searched and interrogated at this point. I am vowing now to not let this place turn into what the other place had become. That is my duty to all of you. I'm glad to see so many willing to participate. It makes me wonder why there were so few of you as moderators in the past. You guys are the foundation of any great football forum.

17. Send em back al

Send em back al nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Steelerfan_2003 wrote:
    I'm glad to see so many willing to participate. It makes me wonder why there were so few of you as moderators in the past.
    </div>

Look at the examples being set on the other site (uhh, errr, present company excepted.) If you feel that the RAIDER forum needs a moderator, based on Galv, errr, RTOTR's recommendation, I will accept. If for some reason I become unable to perform my duties, well.... you know the rest.

Chip

PS... I guess I had better lead by example, Ahem, and set up a Sig and logo. Hope that this works out for everyone.

18. Steelerfan_2005

Cool beans! I was hoping you guys would do it. It probably won't need a lot of attention right now Chip, but who knows. If we can get this place to take off, you might just have your hands full. Or you might just be banning Dolfan Dale on a daily basis for fun. [​IMG] Oh sometimes it just too easy.

19. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Oh yeah, SF? I helped kick start one revolt. I can do it aga...hey...wait a minute. Now I know why you've been making everyone who walks through the door a moderator. Now there's no regular posters for me to rally. Except for me, BA, Dolphins, Dawk Vader and another poster, coming soon to a theater near you, are there any other regular posters on the site? Plus, Dawk has been lobbying for the Eagles forum. If only he can stay out of the Redskins site! (jk) Oh well ....

20. 4THNLONGFELLOW

4THNLONGFELLOW Chicago Bears *********

I wanted to thank you STEELERFAN for the vote of confidence on being the BEARS moderator! I was just wandering was it because i'm the only BEARS fan on here[lol]?
    I would be more than glad to do it and have sent my e-mail off!